The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

What you hate about your dsm

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I hate my broken passenger's door handle.
I hate that the window's rattle.
I hate that my hands have gotten to big to ####ing fit inside the door to fix that shit.

The only thing I hate about my car is that I work out of state 6 months at a time and don't get to drive it. I don't even mind it being FWD. I guess I hate the paint too now that I think about it.

lifter tap. the fact that my brake and battery light come on while driving for no reason but if i pull the ebrake it lights up brighter. Sometime the lights flicker outside to when those light pop up

ummm you might wanna look into that its a warning indicator for something I cant remember what it is but I think its the alternator going out ... could be wrong but I do know the car is telling you something

and I hate after 4 months of looking at the car and a month and a half of building a motor, waiting on the machine shop and ups, mail and fed ex and I get the motor in the car and it doesn't start cause i installed the torque converter wrong and the motors locked up knowing my luck I will need a new torque converter and transmission. I know i should go ahead and do the 5 spd swap if it is but no too much extra work its been too long. I miss my eclipse even if it is a 420a and an auto. I hate clear coat on these cars, well every 90s car.

I hate the fact that I'm not there to work on, take care of, and caress my baby like she deserves. Instead she sits under a cover outside in Missouri and gets touched by a woman once every two weeks just so she will still purr. I feel as if I'm neglecting her and there's nothing i can do about it.:cry::(:notgood:

I HATE...
not driving my car cause it's overheating
the blown motor after having it 6 weeks
door rattle when I close my door or turn my stereo up
the price of parts I need
that I traded a 95 gs and a 98 gs-t for my motor they didn't have motors and one didn't have front clip
having to open my trunk with the key and not the lever
absolutely hate my stock headlights flaking and yellowing
that I don't have a 4G63 model
replacing the water pump sucks
the tan and black interior (working on changing that)
PREVIOUS OWNERS WHO CAN'T CHECK OR CHANGE FLUIDS!!
cup holder placement and no arm rest
not enough leg room
back seat too small (making mine a two seater)

thankfully no rust or broken bolts and I love my 2G's dash

The only complaint I have about mine, are that they break every day. Like literally. Always something stupid. But I put the time in, and then I enjoy driving them..

Today Both of my DSM's have offically been fixed. Minus a bad turbo on my gst... Starting to smoke a bit LOL.... sigh. Never ends.

I hate the stupid fender side marker lights previous owner installed.

I hate the 3 million stone chips in the paint.

I hate that I can't go lower with the roads around here, I die a little inside every time it scrapes now.

I hate that every time I try to upgrade or fix something it either leads into having to fix a few things that break in the process or finding more randy-rigged things the previous owner decided to do. I also hate that I always have something break at the absolute WORST time possible.

4.) FWD - driving in the winter is a hassle

Need better tires. :thumb: I've driven FWD cars for many winters now with no problems. One was even a lowered 1g neon. Get a good set of tires... or if you can swing it; snow tires and you'll have no problems.

Things that annoy me currently about my car:
- the many little dents in the body
-rock chips
-the rattly interior, which seems to be in every dsm.
-the fact that nothing ever go smoothly with it!! LOL

I hate the bent support beams in my convertible top.
I hate that my car has been under a cover and not driven since July 2010.
I hate that it is in more pieces than I can count.
I hate that Wells Fargo seems to want me to pay mortgage every month instead of finish this car. What's their deal?

I hate that my engine is about 20 miles away from the car. but at the same time i love the fact that jay is building my engine.

I also hate that my 1g hasn't touched the floor in 5 years.

That I got to take the motor out just to take the oil pan off... dumbass design. Hey just like the whole car.

I hate that I can't drive it the way I'd like to. If I step on the gas something breaks. I also hate that its not rwd. Oh and it sucks when a guy a in scion talks shit and think that they're faster than me.

I hate:

bolts
nuts (not peanuts or pistachios though, I love them)
hydraulic clutch systems
act clutches
the endless obstacles I get smacked in the face with as I overcome the previous issue I was surprised with.
I hate having two and being able to drive neither...
I hate the fact it's likely I'll be pulling the engine I JUST GOT IN/RUNNING (because now the clutch won't disengage...) W T F DSM W T F!!!

I hate when people rig things. It makes me go completely insane. (I even go green like the Hulk)

ALL in all I hate not driving my DSM!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back