The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

What would you do if somebody entered your garage w/o you home?!?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sounds like you need to lock your place up when you're out of town.

Tis true.. and will do from now on ... pretty crappy it has to come to this now.. but it is what it is..

Everyone makes mistakes from time to time. Sounds like he realized what he did was not acceptable Was he told that it was going to cost more when you took it all apart the second time? Maybe quoting him a new price to continue would have been a good idea.
I would never leave my garage unlocked. Never ever. You just can't trust people these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
My garage is always on lock down. I have alot of expensive ass parts laying around that I dont want anyone to get there hands on. Good Luck man. Your in the right in this instance. I cant believe he actually did this. How old is he?

Tis true.. and will do from now on ... pretty crappy it has to come to this now.. but it is what it is..

Well, I guess it could have been worse. At least they didn't take anything. Some people are socially awkward and don't really know what is considered acceptable or not. But IMO, you might as well finish the job and make some money out of the situation. Maybe just charge him a little extra for "shop supplies". ;) And at least now you are locking your place up before something really bad did happen.

...I composed a long txt message telling him that he fell and hurt himself without me there or having knowledge of him there, and then proceeded to poke around my garage and use my things and didnt even disconnect them...
...its more the fact that he entered my garage and used my things without permission...
...he still needs to have his car towed somewhere else...

It is sad, yet you should probably file a Police Report while the person’s car remains on your property. It is a little late to do this because it would have been better to have filed a report once you noticed your jumper pack device being misused. An explanation about your being gone from your residence, and about the person entering your property without permission would be documented as your deduction. The report may benefit you especially since the person claims to have gotten injured on your property. Similarly, protect yourself from revenge by this ungrateful, immature person.

Sounds like he is trying to get some money out of you or a free clutch job by saying "I hurt my ribs in you garage." Sounds like a threat to me, why was your garage open? why was he in there with out you knowing? Did you say it's alright for him to trespass anytime? I would tell him to take his car else where before it turns into something big.

I'd simply tell him that he's lucky there wasn't some one there as that's an easy way to get himself shot, then i'd proceed to tell him he was breaking and entering my property (and i'd be firmly pissed off about it) and tell him that his ribs are his concern and he's lucky I'm not pressing charges on him as no one enters my place without me there unless i directly tell them too. ANd also that if it ever happens again not only will he face charges of B&E but that i'd have his car towed off and he could deal with the tow company on getting it back

as for 200 bucks labor that's cheap, I charge friends 250, everyone else 325 and up for a clutch job on a FWD or RWD (AWD costing more for both parties) Back when i was un-injured and working construction every day i would've (and at times did) pay 200ucks for some one to do my clutch swap just so i didn't have to try and wrestle in a PITA FWD trans after being sore from working (use to know a guy at a local brakemasters that did my clutch swaps for exactly 200 incuding the surfacing of the FW, can't beat a deal like that when you're not the one doing the labor, hell a FW surfacing around here is 50-60 bucks alone)

It is sad, yet you should probably file a Police Report while the person's car remains on your property. It is a little late to do this because it would have been better to have filed a report once you noticed your jumper pack device being misused. An explanation about your being gone from your residence, and about the person entering your property without permission would be documented as your deduction. The report may benefit you especially since the person claims to have gotten injured on your property. Similarly, protect yourself from revenge by this ungrateful, immature person.

I agree i probably would have filed something to cover my ass, the falling and getting hurt does sound like some BS wal-mart "fall and get paid" shit he's trying to pull

I tell you one thing i wouldn't have been nearly as nice as you and i consider myself to be a damn forgiving and nice person

I also agree with blackwidow that some people especially todays youth just don't know common courtesy, manners or much common sense.. if i was that kid and i was thinking about going in some one's garage and them not knowing or home,then i'd be expecting a gun pointed at me at some point in time during the visit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ricky, I used to do side work a lot, and from an unbiased stand point, i think you did nothing wrong. I would have recommended a better clutch like you did, if he ignored my recommendations i would deffinately charge him to replace the ebay clutch.

If you live in a quiet area I can see you leaving your garage open, but anyone other than a close friend or family should have known better or even felt akward about going in your garage with out you there. How is it that just becuase you agreed to install his clutch for him that all a sundden he feels comfortable enough to go in your garage and use your tools.

How long was it that he was calling and unable to get a hold of you? Any less than a day or two and he is being impatient. I can understand him getting worried about his car if it's in your garage and not being able to get a hold of you, but it's not like you had it locked up in there holding it ransom for your $200.

IF anyone is to be upset it should be you being woried about the fire hazzard you mentioned about the jump pack.

Then to get in to him slipping, falling and possibly hurting him self. He did not have your premission to be in there, you did not know he was in there and i'm assuming there was no one there to witness his fall. That seems fishy man, i would make it very clear that you do not want him there w/o you pressent. This is why a lot of garages do not let customers in the shop. What a crappy situation man. I just wanted to let you know that you are not in the wrong man. Good luck putting this head ache in the past. BTW $200 for a clutch and trans install is a good deal.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back