The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

What would you do if attacked?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just one of the reason I carry my keys on a 30" chain...
Many messages...
1. Kinda into bondage
2. Actually scares the lesser punks
3. makes a handy defensive/offensive weapon with a quick jerk.
4. makes it impossible for you to lock your keys in the car as well ROFL

Ever been snapped in the face by a key ring with 13 keys on it?
Cut the guys face up real nice. Best thing was, there was a cop right there and saw the guy yell at me and start to charge me. Instant gank and snap, the guy was on the ground cring like a little girl.
Went to court, cops testified that I only did it once, in pure self defense. Judge dismissed.

Guy got 9 cuts and 27 stiches.

whoah! u were packin heat!?!? as soon as the guy touched me i woulda pulled it out, aimed it right at his dome and steped back... my guess is the guy woulda shat his pants... and if he continued to be physical and or charge, i woulda shot him in the knee...

what a bunch of crap man glad to here your ok,just goes to show how ignorant people are.you were at a family movie for christ sake and im sure other people with kids were there if anybody would do that to my wife he would get dropped :mad: the idea about sending him popcorn in jail is great id send him a whole case of it after he gets out right to his front door :thumb:

Halligoo, that shows very good restraint not immediately whipping your gun out. It definetly shows that you deserve your CCW permit and didn't get too anxious. That scumbag deserved a boot to the skull. -Matt :dsm:

DSMjrv said:
whoah! u were packin heat!?!? as soon as the guy touched me i woulda pulled it out, aimed it right at his dome and steped back... my guess is the guy woulda shat his pants... and if he continued to be physical and or charge, i woulda shot him in the knee...

Nope. Didn't have it with me last night. I only carry when traveling on the road usually. Wouldn't think it necessary at the movie. I did have it out in the car though.

I'd like to think if I was in that situation that I would react with cat-like reflexes.....but then again i'm 24, 5'7 and about 215lbs. People can say what they want to me but come at my wife or child and you're a walking dead man. Not trying to sound like a badass or anything but i'm the type of guy who has a heart of gold and I would give you the shirt off my back if you needed it, but piss me off I mean really piss me off and .................. :nono:

Well, Cat-like I ain't. I'm 45, 5' 6", and 220. That is what happens when you sit at a computer for 10 hours a day for 15 years and go home to a lady that loves to cook.

You know, you are right. If this guy asked us nicely to chill on the popcorn because he had some type of phobia or something, then we would have gladly done so. But he had to be a jackass.

I installed a laser on my Glock because my eyes are so bad I couldn't hit doo doo without it. It is like training wheels, but damned effective.

Well if you absolutely had to pop a cap in his amazon ass, aim below the knees. I'm pretty sure it's less time in the clink (plus you'd get to watch him roll around on the floor like a bi*** and you could taunt him and call him funny names :tease: ). I had a .45 at one time, but I sold it :notgood: . I love firearms and i'm considering getting a "raging bull" 454 revolver. Not really a practical gun but I bet it would separate someone at the torso...(ie: home intruder car jacker etc.) That would go great with my short-barreled 12ga, and my illegal sks assault rifle :cool: .

snailpower said:
Well if you absolutely had to pop a cap in his amazon ass, aim below the knees. I'm pretty sure it's less time in the clink (plus you'd get to watch him roll around on the floor like a bi*** and you could taunt him and call him funny names :tease: ). I had a .45 at one time, but I sold it :notgood: . I love firearms and i'm considering getting a "raging bull" 454 revolver. Not really a practical gun but I bet it would separate someone at the torso...(ie: home intruder car jacker etc.) That would go great with my short-barreled 12ga, and my illegal sks assault rifle :cool: .

never aim for the knees or below. shoot a prep's hip bone and he wont be able to stand or sit up-right. not to mention its a much bigger target.

I don't know what kind of deadeye Annie Oakley shooters you guys are, but if I'm going to shoot somebody, I'm aiming for center mass. You're not shooting to injure you're shooting to kill. The only way I can see anybody hitting specific parts of the body is if you're at point blank range, and I wouldn't want to be that damn close to my attacker.

On a side note, I don't think the cops would've looked to happily upon you if you did fire your weapon in a public place like a movie theatre. The ass whipping was much preferred. :rocks:

snailpower said:

^^ Do not listen to this guy. You WILL end up in jail/sued.

Anyone who pulls a weapon out should be absolutely ready to kill. Center mass should be your objective.

If you don't need deadly force, you don't pull. Ask ANY LEO/CCW.

That being said, if ANYONE threatens my girlfriend, they will be dispatched.

Good work Halligoo, it sounds like you handled the situation perfectly. :thumb:

I was at the movies a few years back with a couple of friends and there were a few younger asian kids in front of us and their cell phones kept going off every 5 minutes and my friend had asked them if they could please shut the phone off during the movie and the kid turned around and said "why dont you make me." We ignored them for the rest of the movie. When the movie was done we were walking back to our cars and they came up to us and started talking shit and my friend (6' 200lbs. wrestler) shoves one of them to the ground and the guys friend pulls out a gun....at this point i was scared shitless, but we started lookin at the gun and it turned out to be a water gun (you could tell by the tiny pin hole in the front :tease: ) so we proceeded to beating the living hell out of these punks. :D

halligoo said:
Update:

Today I got two phone calls.

1. The cops called and told me to go get a new pair of glasses and bring the receipt to the police station. Done - $322.

2. The theater called. Turns out that a friend of my daughter's is general manager there. He found out who I was and is now also pressing charges against the guy.

Apparently this dude was there with his small kids and forgot about them as he was running out the door. He was coming back for them when the cops grabbed his dumb ass.

It is truly unfortunate that he was given the opportunity to procreate, and now another lovely generation gets a share of his genes.

"This dude in front of us stands up and turns around and takes my wife's popcorn out of her hands and throws it across the other folks in the audience. He said that the noise of her eating her popcorn was bothering him"

loL im sorry dude that sounds crazy dudes got some big ones huh

leet said:
^^ Do not listen to this guy. You WILL end up in jail/sued.

Anyone who pulls a weapon out should be absolutely ready to kill. Center mass should be your objective.

If you don't need deadly force, you don't pull. Ask ANY LEO/CCW.

That being said, if ANYONE threatens my girlfriend, they will be dispatched.

Good work Halligoo, it sounds like you handled the situation perfectly. :thumb:

leet's right; see my post in ninjai_ruken's thread about his house being broken into. There's a thing called the "aggression ladder" - basically, you can only legally respond with an amount of force equal to what you're being presented with (can't shoot him in the face for stepping on your foot, etc.)

Why isn't it people like this that suffer the beating that big black guy in the pizza store gave to the other dude who was in an argument with his woman? Poor dude standing in line...

take a self defence class. I know your "old," but it's still worth it. I mean, there's a probably 70-80 year old lady in my Tae Kwon Do class. Even if you are a bit short and a bit heavy, some sort of self defence is good to know. I'm sure you are like the rest of us and are true to our wives/girlfriends, and would do anything in our power to protect them.

If someone were to lay a finger on my g/f in any disrespectful manner, I would drop them like a pair of panties, with out second thought... :nono:

Anyways, I am glad to see you were man enough to stick up for yourself and most importantly, your wife. Anyone who sticks up for any female in any situation like that is OK in my book :thumb:

Also, glad to hear your alright.

-Shawn

Alright, maybe I was talking out my ass. It's really hard to say what we'd do unless we were in that situation. More than likely I woulda got my ass handed to me, so I probably would have done one of two things.... Either stand and fight or let the dumbass swing on me while my wife gets away and then smile and thank him for the extra money that the civil suit will pay me LOL! . Whatever the case, you did the right thing. I would only go for lethal attack if our lives were in danger (then you could claim self-defense), no fist fight is worth killing someone and spending life in prison.

At 6'5 250 pounds (of muscle! :shhh:) Not many people have the balls to say something to me or my wife.

I think you were fair and just and its too bad you didn't poke the guys eyes out or something.

That is some crazy s**t I have never heard of anything like that here.

I know that I would of kicked his azz as well

huafist said:
leet's right; see my post in ninjai_ruken's thread about his house being broken into. There's a thing called the "aggression ladder" - basically, you can only legally respond with an amount of force equal to what you're being presented with (can't shoot him in the face for stepping on your foot, etc.)

Its known in the LE/Military world as the Use of Force model. When you take something to highest point, lethal, you have to be willing to kill that person because you believe he/she is going to kill you or another person. But within that level and with the proper training, a sidearm can be used to mane or kill. Shooting center mass increases the chances of a hit, knockdown and terminating the prep. Shooting for the Hip bone will make any threat fall to the ground in extreme pain and unable to stand or even sit up.
There are many, many cited cases of LE/Military professionals shooting a suspect in the chest multiple times and/or head and the prep still advances towards the shooter. Alot of "Good Guys" have been killed during these cases, especially when a contact weapon (knife, pipe etc.) is the threat .
Huafist, those "rules" can be fitted to different situations. If a unarmed large, fit and aggressive man is attacking a much smaller, out-of-shape, older man then the older man has every reason to shot the attacker. The unarmed, the larger, fitter man can easily beat the out-of-shape older man to death or near death but why hestitate to find out if he is going to beat you to death?
During my training, we had many scenarios like this, where a suspect would obviously present himself as a guy that can handle himself, has a size advantage and is extremely aggressive. Sure, you could duke it out but if he gets one luckily punch in, your done.
If you didnt shoot, you were considered dead or you just got your ass beat and now the pissed off prep took your sidearm and your M4.

Isn't the world grand? heh

Crap. Next thing we know, we are going to have metal detectors at the entrance to the movie theaters.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back