The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

What wheels, I need opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrimerPLus

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 28, 2011
Tokyo, Asia
Hey I am ready to get rid of my ugly 16" rims.

I have been searching the forums and looking at some options. I was wondering if you all would be willing to put in your input.

I am interested in 5 or 6 thick spoke type rims. Also I think I want 18" I want to be able to use Brembro brakes in the future.

Here are some rims that I like which would you go with?

Tenzo DC-6 Version 1
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

5Zigen FN01RC
5Zigen FN01RC/FN01R-C 18x7.5 Hot Version Sports Wheel Matte-Black/MB

Enkei SR6

Enkei LS-5

ADR GT 50

GT-SPORT :: ADR-50 :: TUNER :: ADR WHEELS :: WHEEL :: MaxSpeed Performance

Or possibly these Evo Viii Enkei but I have had 0 luck finding any for sale.
http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv259/jdxnc/wheelspainted.jpg
^ not my car but My car is also barcelona red pearl

Last edited:
You know, You cant go wrong with some EVO 8-9 wheels, I had mine wrapped in 235/45/17's and it looked sick.
But if I were to choose from the selection you have posted it would be those VOLK's, for sure. Those are just pure sexy, And If they are going on the car in your avatar then i think they will flow better with the color than the black wheels will. JMO though.

Can you say Craigslist rims!? Hahaha

If you can find a pair then you save money!!!

Evo 8 / 9 have my vote!

I have a set of fno1rcs on my 2g 17x8 and they are pure sex. They look just as good on my 1gs. Not a big fan of the fno1rcs in black though, mine are silver. Those tenzo dc6s come in second though since they look pretty nice.

Lancer Evolution VIII wheels with Brembo brakes all around. Certainly not the best wheel but certainly gets the job done.

Sidenote: I'm surprised you're running a 16" wheel when GSX's come stock with 17"s. :idontknow:

I am interested in 5 or 6 thick spoke type rims. Also I think I want 18" I want to be able to use Brembro brakes in the future.

17" wheels will fit Brembos. Just make sure you get the right offset.

Last edited:
i had the ADR gt-sports (same ones posted above) on my dsm and i loved them. they fit so well.

The tenzos have an expensive ssr type look to them. Don't forget xxr 521s I believe. They're te37 copies and they offer some really aggressive offsets. I'm running some xxr 527 ce28 copies. Love the sizes they offer. These are 18x8.75 +35.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im running evo 8 enkeis also, powder coated a gun metal grey with a little mettalic flake.. get compliments all the time on them.. SEXY.

And i run 245/45/17

Attachments

• 2012-08-12_18-01-47_25.jpg
    2012-08-12_18-01-47_25.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 76
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back