The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Send Us Your Photos for the 2024 Calendar - here's how!
Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

What welder do you use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DsMWookie

15+ Year Contributor
May 3, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
Looking at a picking up an Everlast 185 or 205.

What do you guys have experience with and currently use?

What have you been most happy with?

Do you use it as your profession or just a hobbyist?

Gamble97

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 3, 2006
small town, Illinois
Miller Diversion 180, hobby.
There is a thread on weldingweb.com about the best tig for under $900.

Blurred Talon

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 2, 2004
Paradise, NL_Canada
Lincoln Mig Pak 10. It's only 110V but it's good enough for what I do. I only use it for hobby.

I want to get something better (more powerful) though.

mrfister11

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 19, 2010
clinton, Missouri
millermatics, 251,252,351,352... ive heard BAD reviews for the so called "neverlast"... with welders i think you should stay with name brands.. lincoln,miller, hobart.. few others.. depends on what you want to weld and how often also

DsMWookie

15+ Year Contributor
May 3, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
millermatics, 251,252,351,352... ive heard BAD reviews for the so called "neverlast"... with welders i think you should stay with name brands.. lincoln,miller, hobart.. few others.. depends on what you want to weld and how often also

I d rather keep the speculation out of it. Welding Web apparently had a large fiasco going on about Everlast, but I prefer personal experience over here-say.

92awdgsx

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 16, 2002
Lincoln, Nebraska
Lincoln squarewave 175 at home and a Miller Dynasty 350 at work,

turboglenn

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 5, 2007
RIpley, West_Virginia
Miller Dynasty 200DX for TIG and ARC, Hobdart handler 135 (older than the 140) for MIG, hypertherm 45 for plasma

FastJetta

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 21, 2009
edmond, Oklahoma
Miller Syncrowave 200 with the aircooled torch...

use it as a 'hobby' per say but very heavy use. welded with it ###### 20 hours this week.

I love it and have nothing bad to say about it.

turboking15

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 16, 2007
columbus, Ohio
I recently picked up one of the new eastwood 175 mig welders with the spool gun after reading a lot of good reviews. Once i got a couple small bugs worked out and got used to the welder i love it. Been using it for chassis work and soon my cage, so it has already seen 1/8th" and some 3/16" and hasnt skipped a beat.

Waiting on another tank to play with the spool gun, but for the money i cant complain.

GalantVR41062

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 7, 2002
Maple Grove, Minnesota
At home o have a Airco 250 water cooled TIG on an 80amp breaker(just have to hold off on 310amp welding).

Great machine all mechanical should run for ever. I did adjust the gap on the high freq. And the wife hates it when I weld aluminum and she is trying to tape something off the TV, LOL.

I want to pick up a little MIG again, Hobart miller Lincoln all make good small migs.

And I work we use a couple different machines, I use a little older version of this Lincoln: POWER WAVE® 455M/STT ADVANCED PROCESS WELDER with a 16' boom and dual wire feeder burning. 045 wire at up to 500"/min and 1.06 trim (28-30 volts).

Or the shop has the miller equivalent.

I work at the road paving devision of Caterpillar in Brooklyn Park Mn.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds