The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

what weight gear oil for the rear axles or what ever that case is in the rear of awd'

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gotgrip666

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 29, 2005
middletown, New_York
sorry i dont know excacly what its called maybe its the transfer case? well anyways my car has this very loudpitch humming in the rear and i was told i either have low gear oil or ball bearings are shot in the rear, so i want to check the oil first . what weight is it for 95 tsi awd? :confused:

The viscosity characteristics allow the lubricant to resist throwoff and provide a film thickness similar to a 75W250 grade, while providing the same low fluid friction as an SAE 75W90.

Is the general consensus that the heavyweight is a good product to use then steve? Any specific input on whether a lighter oil in cooler climates? (I'm in Canada, and though I don't drive the car in the winter, it can get rather chilly in the spring and fall).

I run the ShockProof Heavy in my rear diff and transfer case. You might want to run the Lightweight Shockproof.

Redline ShockProof has been the gear oil of choice for these for many years.

Steve

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back