The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

What was your first Ricer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My 1st ricer was When i was 17(7 years ago) and it was a 95 Talon ESI 5speed. i had it all LOL the BIG fart can,the Big wing,the "Ricer green" neons, the interior was all ricer NEON green LOL i wish i could go back in time and kick my ass for thinkin that looked good!!! LOL im SO glad i got that outta my system early,because where i live,Pittsburgh PA, there are SO many ricers around here,and the bad part is you see them get out of there 95 Honda Civics(with a Muffler and rims) and there like 30 yrs old, like WTF! LOL

My 1st ricer was When i was 17(7 years ago) and it was a 95 Talon ESI 5speed. i had it all LOL the BIG fart can,the Big wing,the "Ricer green" neons, the interior was all ricer NEON green LOL i wish i could go back in time and kick my ass for thinkin that looked good!!! LOL im SO glad i got that outta my system early,because where i live,Pittsburgh PA, there are SO many ricers around here,and the bad part is you see them get out of there 95 Honda Civics(with a Muffler and rims) and there like 30 yrs old, like WTF! LOL

haha. Yea its funny as hell when you see the owner of a riced out honda and they are older.

My ricer was a 98 mazda 626 LX with dual fart cannons, custom cold air intake, a ACT 2100 clutch, and some sick nasty 17" MB wepons. after blowing it up twice I bought MY BABY!!! and never looked back

I had a 1995 Honda Civic DX 5-speed (102 hp) with just a muffler and an intake. For some reason, I thought it was pretty quick. It had some ugly 15" wheels and stickers (no pics) but, later I removed them after coming to my senses. I eventually changed it up and ended up trading it in for a Chrysler 300M back in 03. I should've kept the Civic because the Chrysler has been broken since 07.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

My tuning strategy has always been "understated excess" where you'll find a way to build something extreme, but have it all ending up looking almost factory (for instance, so many people have told me they never knew DSM's came with Brembo brakes and vortex generators from the factory LOL) so I've never actually "Riced" out anything :confused: I've always preferred a clean exterior with plenty of go fast bits thrown in. I have nothing against body kits however, but they'd have to be some sort of boutique manufacturer with the right mix of wheels and stance.

I had a 93 geo storm with a 1.6l sohc motor which I bolted a turbo from a mark2 ,onto it ,that didn,t hold together very long . was a fun project though.LOL

Fun thread. Closest I ever came to rice: Blowing past them and looking at them in my rear-view mirror. In my '93 GS, no-T. Funny thing about true rice: no performance mods! It's usually a safe bet that thing under the bumper just LOOKS like an FMIC.:rocks:

See guys. I can start a kick ass thread. Hopefully, this thing keeps going. Once some more newbs get in the Hangout forum, they will post their past rice. Keep the rice coming! :thumb: (Please only in this thread and not on the streets LOL)

58 posts is hardly "Kick ass" but your getting there grasshopper

Here's mine. I still have it and it's still a work in progress that some might consider rice.

Googled it. "Kung Fu Grasshopper". Still dont get it.

My first and only ricer was a 97 Saturn SL1 SOHC Autotragic. I had a neon underbody kit, ram air intake, interior neons, 5% tint, muffler tip, and loudass stereo on it about 2 weeks after I got it. Thought it was the shit.

Then I got owned by a 240sx and decided to figure out how to make it faster. Ditched it for a DOHC 5 speed saturn that was completly stock. Ditched that car for my first DSM. Now I have owned 3 dsms and won't be upgrading until I can pay cash for an EVO VIII

the closest thing i had that could have been considered rice was my 03 mustang convt. it had a 3.8L v6, but my dad and i made our own mach 1 vinyl on the car, and some 18" chrome rims. as for performance, a BBK CAI and it had NOS energy drink mounted under the hood....funny thing was, people thought it was real noss

Im pretty sure I was born with a good head on my shoulders. Talon is my first car and all I care about is how to make it faster and clean. Just not my style. But i did put my stock wing back on. Closest thing to rice I have done. Even still I have been called rice. Oh well. It came from an eagle scout that has a "500" hp pick up truck. haha so his opinion really didnt hurt.
Taran

Never riced anything

First car was my 92 1.8 laser bone stock, then got a 99 alero, had it for about 4 months and got a 01 5spd v6 mustang. Put a cold air intake on it, sold it about 5 months later. Bought my 91 350 Formula Firebird, fixed my laser for a DD. Bought my talon in december and sold the laser shortly after. Now i'm selling the firebird to buy another one for a DD. My firebird simply isnt cut out to be a DD, with a fresh 350, a good body, fresh tranny, no heat/ac. I just want to find a running/driving 305 with heat and all to DD while I build the talon.

So I am sure most of us riced the fu*k out of one of our first cars in our younger ages. Lets here some of your stories and what car(s) you riced out when you were young and hung. Heres mine...

1998 Dodge Neon Sport with an A/T. DOHC 420A, purple, nice alloy wheels, wing, and fog lights. Here are some things i did to it. I put a racing stripe on it as soon as i got it. Put some Comp cams in it and installed an after market exhaust i bought from a kid from school. It did sound pretty good cammed up but, it was rice. Back then, i didnt know ther was a such thing as rice as well as not knowing that the engine was the same as 2G NA's. I raced every chance i got with it. It was pretty fast but, nothing like the DSM's. I also applied some Hoosier stickers to it as well as some Comp Cams stickers, Auto Meter Stickers, and alot of others. I wish i still had pics because it was a funny little thing. Im glad i got my rice outta the way. Thank god the Engine went before I bought a body kit and a 6 foot tall wing.

So, lets here yours!

Ok when i was a kid , i put Keystone Classic rims on my 64 buick special.
As for my dsm , it looks completely stock until you open the hood.

I had a neon orange and lime green 99 neon coupe with the following mods
full body kit
big ass wing
15 white rims
big 5" tip muffler
5 TVs, ps2
neons everywhere
and a carbon fiber hood
my power mods where well nothing but I thought it was the fastest thing on the road
I was the poster child for rice LOL

my first car was a 91 toyota mr2 turbo and i put apc stickers on it, summit racing sticker, blue hose loom, light up shift knob, painted interior pieces white, and neons under the dash. ricer mentality LOL but i then did a 180 and took all that shit off and focused on performance

My second car 92 mazda mx3, got a fart cannon, 20 blue neons, big windshield sticker, system with neons, was about to order a body kit when I got the chance to trade it for a firebird.

my first car 98 gsx and i bought it like this LOL

then this is how it turned out then i crashed it

and this is how it sits now

Hrm...closest thing to rice I had was my last dd, a 1993 Ford Assfire,er, Aspire. Sounded loud, had a "bumble bee" system in it, no rims, and no performance mods whatsoever, other than a cheap cone air intake, and a hole in forward resonator ROFL. Miss that car, ugly as sin, but so damn reliable.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back