The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

What was your first Ricer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badabing33a

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 2, 2008
Louden, New_Hampshire
So I am sure most of us riced the fu*k out of one of our first cars in our younger ages. Lets here some of your stories and what car(s) you riced out when you were young and hung. Heres mine...

1998 Dodge Neon Sport with an A/T. DOHC 420A, purple, nice alloy wheels, wing, and fog lights. Here are some things i did to it. I put a racing stripe on it as soon as i got it. Put some Comp cams in it and installed an after market exhaust i bought from a kid from school. It did sound pretty good cammed up but, it was rice. Back then, i didnt know ther was a such thing as rice as well as not knowing that the engine was the same as 2G NA's. I raced every chance i got with it. It was pretty fast but, nothing like the DSM's. I also applied some Hoosier stickers to it as well as some Comp Cams stickers, Auto Meter Stickers, and alot of others. I wish i still had pics because it was a funny little thing. Im glad i got my rice outta the way. Thank god the Engine went before I bought a body kit and a 6 foot tall wing.

So, lets here yours!

ugh, I dont like to think back to this day and age. But my first was a mazdaspeed protege. it was that yellow color which I HATED, so I primered it black, had the windows tinted 5%, put a ginormous wing on the back and put as many blue neons all over the car as I could find/buy. Then about a year later, a friend of mine repainted the entire car black for me (gloss black!), painted the racing hart's bronze, took out all the neons and got the car to 300hp. Oh and of course I took off the wing and had the original re-installed then I sold the car and bought a 2000 civic si which was soon after turbo'd and then stolen.

dont have a pic of the protege online but I do have one of the civic.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I rice out my 87' Integra. It has a Cleveland4g63 sticker. A sticker that says "modified". And it has the badges off of a GTI that says 1.8T haha. The tail lights are blacked out too. It's just my get around car for now but me and my friends like to make a joke out of it.

I like RICE

Here is my old GS....sorry about the quality of the pics but I had to Use my Digital cam to take pics of FILM pics hahaha thats HOW OLD these are. Circa 1999. I think I was the first Guy to get a ZEX Nitrous system on a 1999 420a. I had to Make my own wet kit with an extra solenoid and Jet that I connected to the ZEX dry kit hahaha.

:hellyeah:

Attachments

• 01-14-09_1848smalle.JPG
    01-14-09_1848smalle.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 579
  • 08-20-09_0008.jpg
    08-20-09_0008.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 546
  • 01-14-09_1846.jpg
    01-14-09_1846.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 564
  • 01-14-09_1847.jpg
    01-14-09_1847.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 544
  • 01-14-09_1844.jpg
    01-14-09_1844.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 569
Closest I got to rice. Had the bigger rims on back, blew a tire and was borrowing a friends tires and my car got stolen, this was the day I got it back. Its what caused me to get into DSM's. Car was violated and I didnt want it any more. After it being broken into twice that year and then stolen, it was dead to me.

<--------------------

First car, I think I did a pretty good job.

Yea because your so god damn perfect right? LOL. But yea, nice job even though i think everyone should rice a car out early in life. Then you will know what not to do afterwards.

'98 Eclipse GS was my first car. Didn't add anything rice but when I got her she had a few rice parts on it that I kept on for awhile. That count?

wish I had a pic to post up here, but my first "ricer" was a 1990 geo prizm 4 door that me and my little brother riced out, stripped the interior to shit nothing but a dash and two seats, swapped the puny 4afe for a beefier 4age 20 valve engine with headers intake and a 2" catback with no cat or muffler, and primed it flat black. fun car but looked like ass. wasnt too bad ran a 15.8 at 88 mph. ah the good old days. got the car for free from my grandfather who had it sitting in his backyard for a few years. said if we could get it started we could have it for free.

I had german cars... so would you call it scnitzle?

I like RICE

Here is my old GS....sorry about the quality of the pics but I had to Use my Digital cam to take pics of FILM pics hahaha thats HOW OLD these are. Circa 1999. I think I was the first Guy to get a ZEX Nitrous system on a 1999 420a. I had to Make my own wet kit with an extra solenoid and Jet that I connected to the ZEX dry kit hahaha.

That's really not that bad looking, at least it's riced out in a 'clean way'

I like RICE

haha, I had that wing on my car too, but with stock everything else so it looked quite unbalanced! It's actually still in the garage (surprise surprise, I've had no luck selling it) Oh and bright ass yellow seat covers, yellow neons and some fluorescent lights in the car, and a few other things. I think my goal was to have as many switches as possible in the car LOL.

I wouldn't say that everyone has/ should have a ricer stage in their life. I never have, never will. My GSX is my first car.

well the ricer era is kind of over now. When I had my GS riced out in 1999 it was the coolest car on the roads back then. People LOVED rice. Until those Fast and Furious movies started killing the scene haha. Rice is still pretty popular at car shows tho. Body Kits, Big Wings, Wide body, Fiberglass everything ect ect.

The fact that we drive cars powered by Mitsu makes us RICERS in some peoples eyes NO matter what you have done. Even if your ricer runs 10's they will still say its a ricer.

I think I win... 1994 integra gsr. Widebody kit, 19 inch rims and a bunch of ricer stuff...

It lasted 3 weeks. It got stolen from my house in San Diego. and it was found 6 months later in Mexico...

After

The fact that we drive cars powered by Mitsu makes us RICERS in some peoples eyes NO matter what you have done. Even if your ricer runs 10's they will still say its a ricer.

I concur.

I dont understand how people have their cars stolen...

Well like some of us while we are inside eating Thanksgiving dinner with our families, two ungrateful pricks break into your car and drive it away. But, again, that's just some of us. :mad:

I guess its because Im from out in the middle of nowhere. Didnt mean to sound rude. Yea i have a garage. But 15+ Dirt Cars outside. No one touches them. And i have a Pit Bull. She looks mean but she woulnt hurt anyone. I take it most of you fellers live in the "urban" type of areas. Well i have 8 acres of land all to myself and the only neighbor is a half a mile down the road and hes got well over a hundred Mustangs. He parts them out. Again, not trying to sound rude. Did you guys leave your keys in your car? Or did they hot wire it up? I dont know anyone that had their car stolen. Its uncommon around here.

Here it is. 1999 "10th" Anniversery Edition RS :rolleyes:. Mods were AEM intake and Zex Nitrous Kit. The 2nd picture is when my wife totaled it, well wasn't her fault, some moron without a license rear-ended her. It actually looked pretty clean for a "ricer."

Attachments

• CARBACK.JPG
    CARBACK.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 452
  • FRONT.JPG
    FRONT.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 455
my first ricer was a 88 crx si , i put a jdm dohc zc in it and i thought it was the baddest thing on 4 wheels. primer gray, 13 " wheels , slammed to the groung with eibach/ground control coilovers with the bottom spring cup upside down to get the extra 2"...a terrible body kit, that i tried to mold onto the car. it cracked every time i left the house. i looked like something out of mad max after the winter was over. wish i had pics...

1989 CRX Si Black 5sd.. All stock except rims, lowered, full exhaust, and cai. It had the typical rear quarter panel rust then I patched with bondo and tried to rattle can it black. Needless to say, you could tell up from the paint. I beat the ever living sh*t out of this thing. I drove her from 230,000 miles to 253,000. Then sold it for $500. I would buy another CRX for a project if I didn't dump all my money into my dsm. Sorry I don't have any pictures.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back