The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

What was your first DSM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guess I'll chime in.
My first was a 90 purchased in 92. That far back there the car was basically new at 36k I think. Low miles, still had 4 years of warranty left. Boy I still wish I had it. Retired it at 200k, pulled the motor. It never went back together. I finally gave up and parted it out and went on to other cars. I wouldn't still be here but a one owner 97 fell in my lap in 2011. Considering it was 14 years old it was every bit as clean as the 90 was in 92. The owner babied it. I couldn't say no so...I'm still here. Of course there were others along the way but none that meant as much to me. I did briefly own the 1g DSMlink beta Laser. What a beater. It was my driver for a year or two.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

My 95er brand new. Thought this was one of the coolest pics back then racing an NSX. Forgot who won but it was really close.

thats a cool pic indeed.

I still have my first DSM, i got it arround 2008 i was 16 at the time :) .
Really good memories.

Attachments

• spyder.jpg
    spyder.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 29
I fell in love with and bought my first DSM in 1992 right off the show room floor - a 92 Eclipse GSX which I never modified. Nothing else on the road looked like them - they just looked fast. I didn't have to modify. I could walk away from my buddy's new Toyota MR2. His was a 4 cylinder, 2 liter turbo mid-engine car. I could also spank my sister's boyfriend's Mustang SVO which was also a 4 cylinder, turbo. I could also out run a Mustang 5.0 depending on the driver. It was a deep red with my favorite interior - fabric. It had every option available. God, I miss that car. But, I love the one I have now and I am taking good care of it.

Purchased the first 90 Eclipse GSX sold in the Cleveland, Ohio area in September of 1989. Have owned it for 31 years and racked up a total of 35,000 miles. It got a suspension rebuild a few years ago with bushings, Feal coilovers and sway bars. Outlander big brakes and 18" x 8" wheels. It has become an HPDE car for Mid-Ohio and PittPace.

Purchased the first 90 Eclipse GSX sold in the Cleveland, Ohio area in September of 1989. Have owned it for 31 years and racked up a total of 35,000 miles. It got a suspension rebuild a few years ago with bushings, Feal coilovers and sway bars. Outlander big brakes and 18" x 8" wheels. It has become an HPDE car for Mid-Ohio and PittPace.
The miles on that are astonishing! Not sure you could get a better first dsm.

95 auto 2g gsx, with a 97 front and rear bumper

Here's my 97 GS-T I had in highschool, this was about 2009?. Started my journey here and learned so much from it! Evo 3 16G, all the bolt ons, DSMlink, etc. Def had my share of road side fixes but it never had to be towed home! Cringing at all the plasti dip on this car..

Last edited:
Here's my 97 GS-T I had in highschool, this was about 2009?. Started my journey here and learned so much from it! Evo 3 16G, all the bolt ons, DSMlink, etc. Def had my share of road side fixes but it never had to be towed home! Cringing at all the plasti dip on this car..

The coating on the manifold looks really good! Was it just ceramic coated? I would have liked having a car that nice in highschool.

95 auto 2g gsx, with a 97 front and rear bumper

I always liked the 97+ front and rear bumper better myself. If i ever got a 95 or 96 i would probably do the same thing. Very nice ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
The coating on the manifold looks really good! Was it just ceramic coated? I would have liked having a car that nice in highschool.
Worked really hard to save for the parts and did all the work myself! It started as a turd, but many hours into it, learned to powdercoat, etc.
It was just that super hi-temp stuff you can buy at Autozone sprayed on an Evo 3 manifold. That pic was when it was fresh, but I will say it held up longer than I thought it would!

Worked really hard to save for the parts and did all the work myself! It started as a turd, but many hours into it, learned to powdercoat, etc.
It was just that super hi-temp stuff you can buy at Autozone sprayed on an Evo 3 manifold. That pic was when it was fresh, but I will say it held up longer than I thought it would!
I gave that same stuff a try long ago and i screwed it up so bad LOL. So i never tried it again! I struggle with painting and coating.

Bought it on eBay when I was 15. Flew to Florida, drove it 1000 miles home. If only the other DSMs could have been as good as the first one...
I really like the long distance buys because it really shows how much you want the car. My rs was my first loan I didn't need a cosigner for. Its hard to deal with when a year or two go by if you sell it. Mine wasn't fast at all but at the time it was the coolest car on the planet because it was mine.

I really like the long distance buys because it really shows how much you want the car. My rs was my first loan I didn't need a cosigner for. Its hard to deal with when a year or two go by if you sell it. Mine wasn't fast at all but at the time it was the coolest car on the planet because it was mine.
You ain't kidding. If you saw my post that 97 1 owner 2gb talon....it came from up state new York and I had it shipped 1500 miles sight unseen. The transport guy said he had never seen a car (that was actually driven some) this clean. Second set of mats over the originals. New factory manual in the hatch and a half inch stack of crisp maintenance receipts all organized in a manilla folder. Original timing belt and tires at 14 years old.

Bought as a birthday present in Aug 91 to replace my 86 MR2. Twenty or so years later back where it started.

Yeah thats sounds pretty much like a fantasy find Pauleyman and its awesome. Thats a heck of a crazy find. I felt fortunate just to find a 97 with no rust and no body damage, pretty much had to update everything else.

Bought as a birthday present in Aug 91 to replace my 86 MR2. Twenty or so years later back where it started.
I don't see a whole lot of 1gs in my neck of the woods but that one is ment. That would be the greatest birthday present ever LOL

Mine was a 1997 Eagle Talon base model that I bought in 2007. It was the second car I had ever purchased, and I bought it all on my own. I loved that car. I made some great memories in it. It was there for me when I was just starting out on my own, and it came in real handy when I bought a house. I brought home my first Christmas tree in that car, and also my first lawnmower... I loved how fun and practical it was. I still miss it, though a part of it is still with me in the form of a rust stain in my driveway. :p

Last edited:

Mine was a 1997 Eagle Talon base model that I bought in 2007. It was the second car I had ever purchased, and I bought it all on my own. I loved that car. I made some great memories in it. It was there for me when I was just starting out on my own, and it came in real handy when I bought a house. I brought home my first Christmas tree in that car, and also my first lawnmower... I loved how fun and practical it was. I still miss it, though a part of it is still with me in the form of a rust stain in my driveway. :p
Push the back seats down and you got truck space for days LOL. I used mine to get bags of mulch this past summer so I can relate to the convenience.

First one I drove in I did not own was my step dad's 93 non turbo. First own I owned was the 1990 awd tsi talon concept.
is that the 1g talon conv. from your profile? never seen one like that.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back