The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

What vehicle would you like to see a 4g63 in?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e85_4g63

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 17, 2008
Manheim, Pennsylvania
So I searched google for fun, just to get an idea of what other cars (trucks, ect.) have had the 4g63 swapped into them. I'm just wondering if you personally could have any vehicle 4g63 swapped what would it be? Why? What drivetrain configuration would you want? Any specific details you'd make sure were there?

I personally (will ever have the time to do this, but none the less) would love to see a very clean swap into a S10. Not just any S10, but a "syclone" clone. I would never want to see such an amazing little truck (a real syclone) ruined, but a short bed, regular cab, s10, with all reproduction "syclone" body cladding on it. I would specifically want a 6 bolt short block, CB spec 2g head, FP 68hta, with an auto trans behind it. (I like the old school 700r4, with a decent converter and valve body in it). I've had 4 S dimes and still like them.

How about you guys?

So I searched google for fun, just to get an idea of what other cars (trucks, ect.) have had the 4g63 swapped into them. I'm just wondering if you personally could have any vehicle 4g63 swapped what would it be? Why? What drivetrain configuration would you want? Any specific details you'd make sure were there?

I personally (will ever have the time to do this, but none the less) would love to see a very clean swap into a S10. Not just any S10, but a "syclone" clone. I would never want to see such an amazing little truck (a real syclone) ruined, but a short bed, regular cab, s10, with all reproduction "syclone" body cladding on it. I would specifically want a 6 bolt short block, CB spec 2g head, FP 68hta, with an auto trans behind it. (I like the old school 700r4, with a decent converter and valve body in it). I've had 4 S dimes and still like them.

How about you guys?

Lol, my vehicle before the tsi was a gmc typhoon...I hate to disagree, but the phoon weighs in at 3800lbs, the syclone at 3600lbs. One of the best things about that truck was the torque, 285hp factory, but those 360ftlbs were fun to play with..... Having driven one I wouldn't want to have to deal with the lag that you'd get out of a turbo 4 thats built enough to be fun in such a heavy vehicle, especially an automatic.
a RWD S10 would be a different animal though.

I keep thinking back to shootout of 07 when I saw an older elantra 4 door with a 4g63 and awd swap. I believe it made almost 500whp, and it looked totally beater. No one would EVER suspect a car like that to roll out. I keep thinking about finding a blown up elantra and doing the same swap. I just think it would be awesome.

Lol, my vehicle before the tsi was a gmc typhoon...I hate to disagree, but the phoon weighs in at 3800lbs, the syclone at 3600lbs.

The FAQ section of syty states that the syclone weighed in at 3500, I'm sure with pulling the 4.3L v6 and swapping to the 4g63, with a couple other things gone, the 300 lb difference (my 91 tsi awd was all but 3250 stock with a 10" sub and JL amp), could easily be made up for. Besides, we're not talking about a stock 4g63... :D

LOL, well, if you take an S10, transplant the AWD from a safari van, add a corvette 700r4 (I'd suggest going with the 4l60e...? its the big block version of the 700r4) and you'd pretty much have a syclone. Myself, I wouldn't be offended to see a 4g63 under the hood of a syclone, but damn, if some of the syty guy's I've talked to saw it they would literally sh#* and die right on the spot.

LOL, well, if you take an S10, transplant the AWD from a safari van, add a corvette 700r4 (I'd suggest going with the 4l60e...? its the big block version of the 700r4) and you'd pretty much have a syclone.

Sounds like you might have researched this more then once, but why swap, when you can just 4g63 the Safari van!!! LOL :hellyeah:

Currently Helping to swap one into a 1987 Conquest.

I keep thinking back to shootout of 07 when I saw an older elantra 4 door with a 4g63 and awd swap. I believe it made almost 500whp, and it looked totally beater. No one would EVER suspect a car like that to roll out. I keep thinking about finding a blown up elantra and doing the same swap. I just think it would be awesome.

Any idea the owners name? If it's who I'm thinking of (many people have brought this guy up on here) his name is Sean. Complete D-bag if you ask me, but he knows what he's doing when it comes to RD hyundais.

I've got an RD2 (00) tibby in the garage that's been waiting for an evo8 drivetrain transplant for 3 years now. Just haven't had funds to actually buy the swap parts yet. Awesome turning radius tibby + awd boosted 4 cyl = awesome!:hellyeah:

A fox body mustang... just to shut them up. :)

(supposedly there's one out there somewhere)

Let me find the link, pretty good animal of a foxbody.

Edit:
http://youtu.be/fHloWoIy_-g

Last edited:
I would like to see a 4G63 in a old school beetle/bus. I was considering doing the swap till I sold my aircooled bug :ohdamn:

LOL, well, if you take an S10, transplant the AWD from a safari van, add a corvette 700r4 (I'd suggest going with the 4l60e...? its the big block version of the 700r4) and you'd pretty much have a syclone. Myself, I wouldn't be offended to see a 4g63 under the hood of a syclone, but damn, if some of the syty guy's I've talked to saw it they would literally sh#* and die right on the spot.

Thats what I was thinking. I had a 99 awd astro and a 91 s10 short bed. I thought about doing the swap but instead of a 4.3 or 4g63 instead a v8 in the 4.3s place. When it was time to sell the astro I just couldn't talk the x wifey into letting me do it. I always wanted to do a grand national swap into an s10 for the turbo!:D Or a quad 4 in the s10 would be a cool swap. Ok back to the 4g63. I think an awd 4g63 swap into one of the new eclipses would be a good combo. The new eclipse is kind of considered a girls car because most running around are n/a 4 bangers and fwd on top of that. It would be a surprise if could actually stop azz!

I'd like to see the 4g63t swapped into a 4g eclipse but converted into RWD..... to have something Bishi hunting down 350Zs and G35s :D

Thats what I was thinking. I had a 99 awd astro and a 91 s10 short bed. I thought about doing the swap but instead of a 4.3 or 4g63 instead a v8 in the 4.3s place. When it was time to sell the astro I just couldn't talk the x wifey into letting me do it. I always wanted to do a grand national swap into an s10 for the turbo!:D Or a quad 4 in the s10 would be a cool swap. Ok back to the 4g63. I think an awd 4g63 swap into one of the new eclipses would be a good combo. The new eclipse is kind of considered a girls car because most running around are n/a 4 bangers and fwd on top of that. It would be a surprise if could actually stop azz!

I think the evo 8 or evo 9 4g63 and drive train set up would fit better in the 4g eclipse, because both the engines and trannys are sitting in the matching spots. IMO :sneaky:
Im sure its do - able. I've seen a 3g with the evo swap in it.

I'd like to see the 4g63t swapped into a 4g eclipse but converted into RWD..... to have something Bishi hunting down 350Zs and G35s :D

I think the evo 8 or evo 9 4g63 and drive train set up would fit better in the 4g eclipse, because both the engines and trannys are sitting in the matching spots. IMO :sneaky:
Im sure its do - able. I've seen a 3g with the evo swap in it.

Oh yeah some RWD fun!
I bet the evo to 4g swap would be pretty easy. Somebody has bound to already done that. The sad part would be robbing an evo of its parts!:cry:

Oh yeah some RWD fun!
I bet the evo to 4g swap would be pretty easy. Somebody has bound to already done that. The sad part would be robbing an evo of its parts!:cry:

theres already been a first twinturboed one, I think its STILL the only twinturboed one, the owner is Horseater.

and taking the parts from an evo wouldn't be hard, they sell them on ebay off wrecked evos all the time LOL

Porsche 914! it would be about 200lbs heavier but still only 2300 lbs MAX. with a 16g and some other bolt ons that thing would be a riot with 300HP.

I also really like the transplant into a fox body, its a total F U.

My 94 Mustang. Its a V6, so its lacking in the power department, so I want to put a 4G63T in it. I heard that people that put them in rear wheel drive set ups use the mighty max tranny, so im thinking about it. Then set it up for drifting.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back