The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G What upgrade Injector size to get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xarzor

Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2020
Denver, Colorado
So I wasn't planning on going with bigger Injectors but there has been some deals on 1000cc and 1200cc injectors. With that being said, right now I'm running a b16g with a stock drive train besides a stage 2 clutch. I have factory 450cc injectors running at about 95% duty cycle at 18psi. I know long term they are not going last. My question is, are 1000cc-1200cc going to be massive over kill for moderate power? With a near stock drivetrain and stock engine besides head studs and I tune conseritiveally are they going to give me any issues like massive drop in fuel economy and over fueling issues?

I understand the supporting modes I will need. Aftermarket FPR and pump. I have a 255lph pump and rewire kit waiting to go in. Was planning on running 750cc because I don't wanna push for than 400hp to keep things healthy. I'm doing this just because the price these Injectors are going for are 1/3 the price on new.

What are you using to tune with today?

I didn't see a profile for this car so we don't know and it makes all the difference in the world.

Do you have a specific set of injectors in mind? Some are better than others at low pulse widths needed for idling.

What are you using to tune with today?

I didn't see a profile for this car so we don't know and it makes all the difference in the world.

Do you have a specific set of injectors in mind? Some are better than others at low pulse widths needed for idling.
Ecmlink V3. My original pick for injectors are FIC 750cc. Someone in the classifieds are selling RC1200 for $200.00 and it seemed like a good deal. I don't want to put Injectors in and have a ton of issues just because it seems like a good deal. Just getting opinions if saving up and buying what I need is a better choice.

You can sent them to FIC to have cleaned and flow tested. Instead of having the seller send to you, have them mail it to FIC. They charge $80 iirc and they’ll give you new seals. I like 1000cc and above for b16g in case you want to run e85. Those 1200 are low impedance also so they’re plug and play.

Someone in the classifieds are selling RC1200 for $200.00 and it seemed like a good deal.

Seems like it might be worth a ride up to FTC to check them out and meet another member. With any used injectors you will want to have them cleaned and flow testing before installing them.

DSMLink won't have any problems controlling them.

I've got FIC High-Z 1000cc injectors on my E16G setup at 22 psi boost and rewired Evo 9 gold pump (~220 lph). My MAF frequency tops out at 2000Hz airflow and the most duty cycle i've seen is 65%. So that would imply the 1000cc injectors are acting as 650cc ones at 100% duty. More than enough for such a setup with enough headroom to upgrade later on or even experiment with E85?

Also, in terms of mileage so long as you get your idle and cruise dialed in, it wont suffer. I've gotten as high as 36 mpg at 50 mile an hour AWD Manual on these injectors. The worst thing about them is needing to delete the resistor box and using the connector adapters since they came with Unisia ends.

Pretty much your bread-and-butter, gold-standard combo is like a Walbro 450-525 pump, an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and some FIC 1100-1650 Hi-z injectors. That will get you very far hp-wise and all of those items will have resale value should you choose to upgrade.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back