The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G what type of pins should i order for ecu and other plugs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheFlashDSM

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2010
stony brook, New_York
im remaking my 2g dsm harness from scratch, and im finding all the plugs and pins as a kit, but i dont need that. im reusing all the plugs and i need to know what type of pins i need (type-part numbers-websites)

lets make this a good informational thread for others as well please. i will also add some of the answers to my wiring information thread as well
https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/2...ecu-pinouts-diagrams-tcu-diagrams-ect.528552/

thanks guys!!!!

Last edited:
all i know is that the ecu uses TYCO AMP pins.
steve would know.
He's like a super hero. He shows up at the last minute to save the day.
Just wait and you'll see what i mean.:thumb:

Molex pins aren't used in most of the connectors, I wouldn't suggest trying to make them fit.

If you are going through the expense of building the harness, a few extra bucks per connector to replace at least the ones that are close to the engine and get cooked over time, is good insurance.

This link has lots of pictures of the connectors, and some part numbers. The links to where to buy them mostly go to a company no longer in business. But you might be able to find what you need:

all i know is that the ecu uses TYCO AMP pins.
steve would know.
He's like a super hero. He shows up at the last minute to save the day.
Just wait and you'll see what i mean.:thumb:
hopfully he can LOL

Molex pins aren't used in most of the connectors, I wouldn't suggest trying to make them fit.

If you are going through the expense of building the harness, a few extra bucks per connector to replace at least the ones that are close to the engine and get cooked over time, is good insurance.

This link has lots of pictures of the connectors, and some part numbers. The links to where to buy them mostly go to a company no longer in business. But you might be able to find what you need:

yea i know where to get the connectors, all mine are good, i just need to know what type of pins, i though they where molex but i guess not LOL. lets see what we can make from this thread, since there is nothing on here about it!

Do you need the little rubber wire seals on the back of the pin, or are you hoping to reuse those too?

There are a few common pins(male or female terminals is a better name) in the harness. The link to the 2G harness I gave can help you ID them, so you can figure out how many of each you need.

Many of the places that sell connectors also sell the terminals. I think conector kits are only $100, with a bunch of various terminals at extreme psi

Do you need the little rubber wire seals on the back of the pin, or are you hoping to reuse those too?

There are a few common pins(male or female terminals is a better name) in the harness. The link to the 2G harness I gave can help you ID them, so you can figure out how many of each you need.

Many of the places that sell connectors also sell the terminals. I think conector kits are only $100, with a bunch of various terminals at extreme psi
none of the links work on that post, hence why im asking, pins are super cheap everywhere i look, i just need to know what type i need and i will order 100 of each LOL and i dont need the rubber inserts either, just the pins, but i guess i will have to google every type of plug that i need and see what pins they have, unless someone all ready knows? i did send an email to ohm racing about this, im just waiting for their responce

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back