The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

What Turbo is this? [Merged] Turbo ID Identification

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Let's say it's a T-61. Only 550 injectors???? Thanks for the replies. My internet here has a lot of blocked websites and search engines:notgood: so finding stuff is somewhat difficult. This is why I pose this question here, for all to see.

I will check the Turbonetics site (if I can access thier webpage).

Keep giving me input guys and gals, I would like to know the potential of this car. Thanks again.

Well since you have an AFC you might want to get 700cc plus injectors. Or you can go bigger and would not have to upgrade later, unless you wanted to of course... On the turbo, you might just want to research somemore, if you can of course..

Ever heard the phrase "You can't judge a book by it's cover?" Well, you can't judge a Garrett turbo by it's cover, either.

Turbonetics gets a 0 out of 10 when it comes to labeling their turbo's size on the exterior. The only way you're going to get the answer is pull the cover and measure the wheel.

i just bought i turbo to put on my nissan and i was wondering what kind it was and whats the factory setting on the wastegate. the housing number is tr0760

Found this one for sale. 16g Evo supposedly. Owner said its used but very very low km. Pretty much brand new. Im new to these things but doesnt this turbo look old?

Attachments

• DSCF0999.JPG
    DSCF0999.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 309
  • DSCF1012.JPG
    DSCF1012.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 293
  • DSCF1013.JPG
    DSCF1013.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 308
  • DSCF1014.JPG
    DSCF1014.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 314
  • DSCF1015.JPG
    DSCF1015.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 292
The seller either is trying to rip you off or has no idea what he's talking about, either way, stay away. That is a 14B; you can tell by the number of compressor blades. Do not buy.

OP is right 14 b my friend. lead the guy on a bit and then tell him that you know its a 14 b and turn him in on what ever site your on.

hi im new to the whole dsm scene and recently bought a 99 gsx thats modified some and has this turbo installed and was wondering if you could tell me what size/model it is and what i could expect power wise from it. thanks Tim!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I know 20G turbos have that 49179 number on the housing but not sure about the last numbers. Start searching and learning about 20G's might be a good start. Hope that helps.:rocks:

thanks! i am just beginning learning about all this so gotta start somewhere. i appreciate the fast replies

given all these different turbos it could possibly be is there any real way of finding out which one it is exactly and around how much power it can produce and all?

WHAT numbers?

Here's a Greddy 18G and a Frank Level 5 20G, both displaying the same 49179-52020 number on the compressor cover....one turbo has a compressor wheel that just a tiny bit bigger than a 16G, one has a compressor wheel that's an ENORMOUS Garrett E60:

As you can see, there is no way to tell.

also could you help me out,LOL do you know what turbo this is? stock or not?96 gst
its hard for me to get the #'s off of it,did the best i could:( i searched,and i flipped the picture over and zoomed in and all i can make out is the last # of the two?looks like a 3 or 8? first of the 2 is to hard to read?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back