The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

What Turbo is this? [Merged] Turbo ID Identification

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

do what they said, i bought a 14b but wasn't sure what it was and i looked up the numbers and it helped me out and i figured out it was a 14b. The 16g looks like it has 2 sets of blades and the 14 just has 6-7 blades i think.

Whats this one?

Attachments

• 13830953208480.jpg
    13830953208480.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 91
I have this turbo sitting here for quite a while now. Its an AiResarch turbo, and it seems to be a T4 flange, close to NO shaft play. Would like to know any info, and price that i could sell for, not planning on keeping it. Any input its greatly appreciate it.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

We're probably going to need wheel dimensions to tell you anything about this one..best guess is T04B35 compressor. JusMX141 could probably tell you somehow.

Well I got these info,
Intake side measures 2.5" in diameter
16 blades
.60 a/r i believe
Exhaust side measures 2.7" in diameter
11 blades

it also has this numbers on intake housing

I stick with my previous guess about the compressor.
Regardless, it's not worth much and DSM guys will have to fab things if they want to make it work. I'd put it up for sale on eBay for $250 and settle for a bit less.

Thanks, and yes im definitely going to be selling it, helps profit to buy a 16g or 20g. Thanks again

It's probably a t04b v trim, with a p trim turbine. its in a on-center housing. It's off a late 70's tractor, and worth nothing. You could find a 60-1 wheel or a T67 wheel for it, then buy a compressor housing, and have somthing kinda useable on a DSM for another $500, and still have to figure out a manifold setup for it.

Definitely a letter-trim T04B compressor (likely a V-Trim) and a giant P-Trim turbine. Non-wastegated; designed for low-boost and slow-response. Has no business on a DSM with that turbine housing for sure...I honestly wouldn't even try to mod it or find another housing for it- you'd end up spending more than a good direct-fit turbo which would make more power in the end.

Found this turbo anyone know or can hep figure out what kind it is
Thanks.
Says garret and has a sticker that states it has been rebuilt by garrett also.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-19-06-56-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-19-06-56-25.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 108
  • Screenshot_2013-11-19-06-56-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-19-06-56-32.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 112
I can pick this up off a buddy of mine for $50. Need help identifying and what it will take to bolt up to my 2g.

Attachments

• tmp_20131120_153732240768892.jpg
    tmp_20131120_153732240768892.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 89
  • tmp_20131120_1537461917293207.jpg
    tmp_20131120_1537461917293207.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 87
OK cool. It's weird because it looks bigger than my 16g. Could just be my eyes playing tricks on me.

I love this page :D

BTW: I'm starting to believe this "unknown" turbo in my area is a GT35r? Can someone elaborate? The number of blades/angle of blade look similar. Also has an Airesearch compressor cover on it as well. Sorry for the bad photo, that is what was uploaded by the seller, LOL. Thanks!

Attachments

• gt35r maybe.jpg
    gt35r maybe.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 183
A/R .42 intake A/R .48 exhaust.....no name turbo I found in the garge Brand new never used. Possible replacement for my GST until I can get upgraded.

Is there any turbo i can compare to these specs to see what i should expect?

Attachments

• t2.jpg
    t2.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 88
  • turbo1.jpg
    turbo1.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 77
  • t3.jpg
    t3.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 88
Chinese eBay special....worth about $130 in new condition. Probably not much of an upgrade- definitely not worth the cost of the parts you'll need to actually bolt it to your car.

Wheel specs are impossible to know unless you provide them to us.

Chinese eBay special....worth about $130 in new condition. Probably not much of an upgrade- definitely not worth the cost of the parts you'll need to actually bolt it to your car.

Wheel specs are impossible to know unless you provide them to us.

Cool thanks for that information ill use it for something LOL maybe a go kart:rocks:

I found this turbo with FP housing, waste gate, and dump tube for an unbelievable price (probably because of the powdercoat color on the compressor housing:p). From what I can tell, based on the number of blades in the compressor and turbine wheels, I believe it's a FP3065, but there's no Garrett tag. just need the O2 housing, drain line, and a FP BB filter and it'll be complete if so:pray:.

Attachments

• Is this a FP 3065 compressor.jpg
    Is this a FP 3065 compressor.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 235
  • Is this a FP 3065 hotside.jpg
    Is this a FP 3065 hotside.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back