The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

What Turbo is this? [Merged] Turbo ID Identification

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Correct- newest / most-garbage of the suppliers that SBR used to build their "G"-series turbos. Glad to see it's still hanging on.

Should either have a Kinetic turbine housing or a PTE turbine housing depending what generation it's in...at some point Kinetic stopped casting their own turbine housings and SBR just bolted PTE housings on.

Where could I find a new wastegate actuator? This thing is overboosting everytime pushing 36#s

You'd probably have to get something like a 20psi Holset actuator and cut/bend the arm to work on your own. Slowboy's done (thank god), and Kinetic likely doesn't give a shit. LOL

Yeah I never heard much good from Slowboy products. And alright thanks, ill have to look into that for him.

Does anyone know what turbo this is? I found precision stamped on the hot side and 4v stamped on it and all the cold side is A/R .60 take a look on my page for pics. I want to get a rebuild kit and a new compressor wheel. I would love some help from someone who knows these old turbos Thanks

Does anyone know what turbo this is? I found precision stamped on the hot side and 4v stamped on it and all the cold side is A/R .60 take a look on my page for pics. I want to get a rebuild kit and a new compressor wheel. I would love some help from someone who knows these old turbos Thanks

turbo.jpg

SCM5031E. Should confirm this with the part number engraved on the compressor outlet.

Although you'll soon find out if this unit is blown and needs a new compressor, it's actual value is somewhat comparable to a boat anchor.

i just got this turbo with a bunch of stuff i bought last night. He says its a bastard 20g from FP but im thinking no.
You're thinking correct. That thing can be bought brand new at any time on eBay for $200-$250.

i bought it in a package deal with a 2.3 stroker that hasn't been assembled yet a magnus smim a dnp header aem cam adjustable cam gears fidanza flywheel and 2 act clutchs for a decent price.

Somebody who claims a turbo is from FP when it's really from ebay would make me seriously skeptical about the other parts as well. The "DNP" manifold could easily be ssautochrome or some other variant of Chinese garbage, same with the Magnus intake. I would be inspecting each and every part you purchased to see if they are the genuine article.

Well the mag us says magnus the bbk throttle body says bbk the eagle crank says eagle the wiesco HD pistons are still in the box and the scat rods say scat those parts I know are real the header and turbo don't really care about those that was just a take me I'm in the way. But the eco 8 injectors he gave me are actually pte 680s. I didn't loose no money on the deal so I'm jot to upset about the turbo. I just looked at my message from him. Says it has a hta68 wheel on it from FP not a FP turbo. Sorry about that.

But the turbo actually looks pretty solid very minimal shaft play side to side. And it don't appear to be leaking.

Well the mag us says magnus the bbk throttle body says bbk the eagle crank says eagle the wiesco HD pistons are still in the box and the scat rods say scat those parts I know are real the header and turbo don't really care about those that was just a take me I'm in the way. But the eco 8 injectors he gave me are actually pte 680s. I didn't loose no money on the deal so I'm jot to upset about the turbo. I just looked at my message from him. Says it has a hta68 wheel on it from FP not a FP turbo. Sorry about that.

But the turbo actually looks pretty solid very minimal shaft play side to side. And it don't appear to be leaking.

Says it has a hta68 wheel on it from FP not a FP turbo.
Complete lie. Here's why:
  • The 68HTA wheel is billet and has 7 major and 7 minor blades.

• The 20G wheel has a larger inducer than a 68HTA, so you can't use a 68HTA wheel in place of a 20G or it would be too small.

• FP doesn't sell compressor wheels to the public.

The 68HTA is on the bottom in this photo:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

hey justin i know this is a t28 but idk witch one garrett,fp,ect ect...
can you help me id it
actuator numbers
430819-283
hot side numbers are
n5s
h1
garrett
tr0759
cold side has stamp 2e02
im trying to up load pics but they keep failing..

FP never made a T28; at one point they modified (ported, etc) and redistributed a factory Garrett upgrade turbo for a 2G.

If you have one of these turbos, named the TB2578, the number on the center housing tag will be 705329-2 or -0002.

I do not see any markings on center housing it looks like there was a tag on there at one point in time but not now
here are a few pics

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back