The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

What Turbo is this? [Merged] Turbo ID Identification

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm loving the tags at the bottom of the thread.

Oh I see, they make the turbo specifically for DSM's. Right on thanks Jus
Yeah but that particular model has a Stage 2 "T327" turbine which is smaller than the standard Stage 3 "T31" turbine. Coupled with their poor-flowing turbine housing, you have a recipe for a quick-spooling turbo that won't necessarily reach the compressor's peak flow no matter if it's a E54, E57, or E60.

In other words, this turbo would be ideal at about 18-22psi...but once airflow levels off your turbine backpressure is going to be excessive due to the small turbine wheel.

I'm loving the tags at the bottom of the thread.
I may or may not have anything to do with that. :D

Very interesting info on the turbine. Kind of a shitty mix of parts considering the comp potential I gather. It's as if they were to be all about advertising the compressor potential and hey you can bolt the sucker on to your stock mani too! Then once you run it you think it's badass because it spools quick and still believe in that compressor flowing it's potential. Like a placebo to power turbo?

LOL. Zerofoxgiven. Yousofuni!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

ok well I think I was merged into this thread. If the people are still helping me I have a pic of the wastegate. that might help, I am starting to feel like it isnt a mhi.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok well I kept on asking the guy questions and he was getting locked up, I dont trust him I found one on tuners here and I am going with that one for 100 bucks more. Thanks guys I was excited but then let down and now excited again.

I bought a turbo off a Saab 2.0 at the junkyard the other day
for $50. The compressor housing says Garrett M27. Can you
guys tell me what it is or do you need all the numbers off the
plate in the center? Thx

Last 2.0 Saab turbo I rebuilt was a TD04HL 13T...basically smaller than anything which came on our cars. I have a feeling this is some T25 variant that probably isn't worth the time it took you to remove it from the car.

...basically smaller than anything which came on our cars.

:notgood:

TD04L-13G:
Compressor:
Inducer - 1.580"
Exducer - 2.000"

Turbine:
Inducer - 1.86"
Exducer - 1.62"

TD04HL-13T:
Compressor:
Inducer - 1.597"
Exducer - 2.203"

Turbine:
Inducer - 2.05"
Exducer - 1.80"

The 13T came on some of the JDM 4g63 powered RVRs and are here in the States by importers selling used engines.

Well damn...that makes the 14B (1.70"/2.29" and 2.20"/1.93") look tiny.

:confused:

Another issue is there are no direct-fit TD04HL turbine housings for a DSM....so you'd have to get a 13G housing machined to work with the Saab turbo if it had any promise of fitting our cars. Add $100 to get the machining done if you're lucky enough to have a crack-free 5cm 13G housing on hand, and you'll have $150 turbo that won't perform as good as a 14B.

Can someone help me identify exactly what kind of turbo this is?

This is what I've been able to find out so far:

Compressor housing is stamped w/ the following:
Garrett
A/R .50
M33
BSK1
and where the ID tag should go it's stamped MJM 115

pulled the housing and measured the wheel. Measures are as close as i could get to accurate w/ my caliper.
Inducer 56.5mm
Exducer 75mm
which by my math means 57 trim?
Also the blades were stamped w/ a 786 and a stylized A
here's a pic of the blades: http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/uploads/gallery/album_1127/gallery_7736_1127_280076.jpg

Turbine housing was stamped
Garrett
A/R .48
M-4
PT-4

Turbine wheel measured
Exducer: 48mm
Inducer: 58.3mm

Nothing I could really identify the CHRA with.
Stamped with:
what looks like an M-3
the same stylized A as the compressor wheel
It is oil and water cooled. Oil inlet is a 1/8 NPT.
Back of the compressor plate is stamped M9

So far I can gather it's a Garrett T3/T04e 57 trim as well as the .50 and .48 A/R. Im trying to figure out the turbine wheel and if its ball or journal bearing (i believe journal just judging by the way it spins. it spins smoothly but maybe 3-5 spins w/ a single flick). Appreciate the help.

Nevermind. Of course after searching all day and finding nothing, I find my answer 10 minutes after i post. wheel measurements line up to a 57 trim and t3 stage 1 turbine by garrett. im gonna go ahead and figure its journal bearing and call it a day. Thanks anyway.

The turbo came w/ a Conquest motor i bought (2.6L G54B), but I'm now selling the car. I was considering holding on to it for a future project or selling it with the car.

This is my buddies car and he was wondering if he could find out what kind of turbo he has because it doesn't say on the turbo. Thanks :)
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
[/ATTACH]

Last edited by a moderator:
Chinese eBay 16G/20G depending on compressor spec....worth about $50 in good used condition; probably less with that custom paint job.

For the record- it's very rare that any turbo actually tells you what it is anywhere on the turbo itself.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back