The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

What Turbo is this? [Merged] Turbo ID Identification

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i want to know if this is a 16g turbo i did sum research and everything has been coming up has a big 16g turbo but it doesnt have the twin blades like my old big 16g turbo so i would like sum help figuring this out thanks :aha:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Looks like a 14b compressor wheel to me. So I would say not its not a 16g

Which Turbo do I have, I know this question sounds like an echo..

but from what I can tell it is a Evo II 16G.

Going with the specs + clarifications I found:

49178-01520 - Small 16G
49178-01420 - Big 16G
49178-01470 - EVO III 16G
49179-05200 - TD06 - 16G
49178-05200 - TD05H -16g (Galant)

Basically, I just want reassurance, so I don't look stupid when someone axes what Turbo I have.. ( Came Equipped, I have never pulled it off )

Attachments

• DSC_0046.jpg
    DSC_0046.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 80
Seems like an EVO III 16G to me according to the #. Then again, number is not very clear so I'm assuming it says "49178-01470"

I bought the car about a month ago, it has turbonetics turbo, I was told t3/t4 which really doesn't mean much. Numbers on the housing state t-40743.....so what size is it? Is it a decent turbo, and what is the power output and max pressure it can generate?

yeah use the link Bud92gsx posted. youll find what the info your looking for there.

Hey guys I need some Help right here.

I just bought this Turbo and wondering what turbo is it.

Any help from the Pros.

Here are some pics.

Attachments

• DSM 2G Project 869.JPG
    DSM 2G Project 869.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 85
  • DSM 2G Project 873.JPG
    DSM 2G Project 873.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 72
  • DSM 2G Project 890.JPG
    DSM 2G Project 890.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 81
  • DSM 2G Project 875.JPG
    DSM 2G Project 875.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 68
  • DSM 2G Project 894.JPG
    DSM 2G Project 894.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 71
a picture would be nice. I got lucky. I went to a junkyard about 8 months ago, looking for a turbo. I came across a 99 GSX smashed in from behind. I popped the hood, and what did I see? A brand new EVO III Turbo, shiny as ever. Bought it for $50 bucks. MHI and everything. Here's where it gets even better. Apparently when I went to remove the center console that I needed out of the same car, I noticed there was another turbo in the back seat, a TDO4HL (Stealth/3000GT Turbo). You get lucky sometimes, and other times, you dont. but the main point is if it's a TD05 series, and it came from the junkyard, it's most likely a 14b

Hey guys I need some Help right here.

I just bought this Turbo and wondering what turbo is it.

Any help from the Pros.

Here are some pics.

Hard to tell bro, at least for me. But maybe a 50 trim? Does it have a part # somewhere on it?

Turbonetics T04E50 w/ Stage III turbine and a .63 a/r 5-bolt Garrett-spec T3 turbine housing.

:boring:

Could be a higher-trim compressor, but their inducer specs are separated by thousandths of an inch and my eagle eye can't pick that out from photos alone. Rough idea....some type of E-series Turboblownetics.

I came across a 99 GSX smashed in from behind. I popped the hood, and what did I see? A brand new EVO III Turbo, shiny as ever. Bought it for $50 bucks. MHI and everything. Here's where it gets even better. Apparently when I went to remove the center console that I needed out of the same car, I noticed there was another turbo in the back seat, a TDO4HL (Stealth/3000GT Turbo). You get lucky sometimes, and other times, you dont.

By the way- Stealth's never came with TD04HL turbos. That was a 13T from a JDM Galant VR4.

Last edited by a moderator:
So was I kinda right by saying that turbo was a 50 trim?

...and LOL.

Turbonetics T04E50 w/ Stage III turbine and a .63 a/r 5-bolt Garrett-spec T3 turbine housing.

:boring:

Could be a higher-trim compressor, but their inducer specs are separated by thousandths of an inch and my eagle eye can't pick that out from photos alone. Rough idea....some type of E-series Turboblownetics.

By the way- Stealth's never came with TD04HL turbos. That was a 13T from a JDM Galant VR4.

Thanks for the Help.

I appreciate it.

So was I kinda right by saying that turbo was a 50 trim?

...and LOL.

Yeap.

You where right Dude.

Thanks for the Help.

Anytime! Glad Justin popped up in here, I trust him over anybody else when it comes to Turbos. :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back