The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

What Turbo is this? [Merged] Turbo ID Identification

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pic2

There is no name on the housing. That's the reason I'm asking. It came off a 2g GSX.

Attachments

• repicture 003.jpg
    repicture 003.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,652
That compressor housing looks similar to a TDO6 housing and the turbine housing is unlike anything I've seen before. Is it possbile that it is a Frank series...or a hybrid of some sort?

IHI 16G Killa from XS Engineering.

thats either a ford t3 or a dodge turbo

Originally posted by GSX4LIFE
Damn Ben. Let me answere some of these:laugh:

Ha! I've seen a few of these in my lifetime. "Hey can you rebuild my 16G Killer?"

Yes, I can throw it in the garbage for you and sell you a small 16G.

Ben

why does everybody keep trying to say T3...Ben already told us the answer.:thumb:

Originally posted by Ben K
Ha! I've seen a few of these in my lifetime. "Hey can you rebuild my 16G Killer?"

Yes, I can throw it in the garbage for you and sell you a small 16G.

Ben

That's were is one will be going (in the garbage). It is locked up and leaking oil very bad. I pulled off the lower IC pipe and it looked like I was changing the oil. Thanks for the info guys. I was just curious to what kind it was because I haven't seen one like this before.

I have that same turbo sitting in the garage. Is it really that bad? I was debating on what to do with it, Im told it has little shaft play but should be good to go. What do you guys think I should do with it? Any suggestions or even reviews of how bad or good this turbo is would be appreciated. Thanks!:confused:

Attachments

• 16g killer.jpg
    16g killer.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,006
Originally posted by Turbo_Frog
I have that same turbo sitting in the garage. Is it really that bad? I was debating on what to do with it, Im told it has little shaft play but should be good to go. What do you guys think I should do with it? Any suggestions or even reviews of how bad or good this turbo is would be appreciated. Thanks!:confused:

if it has shaft play,what its good for is a rebuild.. i'd sell it.

You cannot get parts to rebuild these.

Here's a review on the "killa". It was written back when the turbo first came out, so the review sounds much more flattering than it would if written today.
www.RoadRaceEngineering.com/killa.htm Enjoy!

Maybe you and your friends can have a contest to see who can chuck it in the dumpster from farthest away?

Ok, the only thing that kills me is the fact that Im rollin with a T-25 (T-too small). I have this turbo, so you guys think it would be better for me to rebuild this turbo and sell it? How much do you think its worth if a rebuild is even possible and if so is it even worth it? I was looking at Ben's post and wondering if its true. I just dont wanna trash something I might be able to make a few bucks on. :thumb:

You could sell it or you could use it for awhile untill you get money for the turbo that you really want. Then you could sell your T25, people do buy them for some reason.

It will create at least 18 psi ( that's all the farther I ever turn this one up), and maybe more. If you don't have the money for a new turbo I use it as long as there is not to much shaft play and it doesn't leak oil.

A kid at my school had that turbo on his 98gsx. It came with the car. I believe he blew it within 8 months, and sold the car w/ the blown turbo.

That car did not kill anything from what I saw, the car was a mid-high 13 second ride yo!

Yes it is, but I really want the money to get a boost controller. Im hoping i can rebuild this one and sell it for a reasonable amount and get some necessary mods done to the car. Im at 59K miles so Im due to change the belts and other things soon. Any idea on how much I might get for it? Or whats a reasonable price to ask if I post it on ebay or the trader?

Newbie to this turbo. Heres the ad:

"T3/T4 57 trim stage 3 .63 ar exhaust side, bullet nose compressor wheel, VSR balnced, 0 miles since rebuild $500 obo"

Im interested to hear from people with experience from this setup their opinions about this turbo. Overall performance, #'s being put down, opinions on performance in low, mid, and top end, is it :thumb: or :thumbdown ? Thanks for the space.

You can buy a 50 trim with the same specs for 625 new. Depending on your goals, you may get more use from a 50 trim if your car is a 99% street pump gas car like most of us;) Actually you can build the entire setup with manifold for about 1400. The turbo is going to be a Garrett or turbonetics anyway.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back