The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

What to look for in a (90-94) GSX?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PuppyDawg

Probationary Member
Oct 13, 2004
Boston, Massachusetts
Hey guys, i'm new to this forum and plan on being a part of your family here.....i'm jumping out of a 88 5.0 mustang gt (5spd) and want something that's good on gas, and sticks to the roads better, so i've decided that i'm going to invest in a (90-94) mitsubishi GSX? I've done my research and heard only minor things about these cars...timing belt is one thing, head gasket maybe, and the rear seats are hard to get used to.....so when i go GSX hunting....any suggestions as to what i should check for before picking one up?

Check turbo for shaft play, take it to a mechanic and have him check the transfer case and thats all i've got for now.

Hey im also an ex mustang owner and i know youll like these cars MUCH better, the only thing you might miss is the low end torque but there are too many other good things about dsms that make up for it. When you dest drive them be hard on it and run it through the gears, a good way most people over look to see if its been beat on is look under the gas pedal for a worn out spot in the carpet. Im not saying dont buy one thats been beat on but you might have more of a chance for stuff to break in the future. And do a compression test to see the engines condition as well. Good luck to you :thumb:

thanks guys!......i really appreciate the responses i live in the Boston,MA area....and we have road and weather conditions that are not mustang friendly....i think that the awd feature will be great and the 4 cyl money saver will help.....the turbo will be it's "plus" for a potiental project car in the summer as well....what a warm welcome, i know i'm going to love this car.....i was also a proud ower of an 86 300zx turbo and loved it when the turbo kicked in.....it was crazy....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back