The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

What to look for in a 1g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunfighter

Probationary Member
Mar 16, 2002
Vermillion
Hey all,
I've been looking for a 1g dsm lately, probably a GS-X but it doesn't really matter as long as its awd. Anyway, I was just wondering what to look for in a 1g, such as year and mileage.

Well thanks a lot,
Mike

Thanks a lot Ludachris, as allways your oppinions are greatly welcomed. Anyone else? Personally the 92s would be awesome, it would keep my insurance down to what it is now for my Sunfire LOL, For a 94 I would pay about 125 dollars more every 6 months, which is totally worth it.

Try to find one that was made before April of '92. it should have the 6-bolt motor in it. Mine was made in April it has the 4-bolt rearend and the 6-bolt motor. The only thing it did not have is the 2-piston calipers. I got those off a 94 and swapped them. easy..

I don't have a car for sale, but I know where there is a rolling chassis that needs a motor and tranny. Start from scratch and build it up from the begining.

A few more things to inspect:

- Compression, if they won't let you, you don't want it.
- Check the transfer case for leaks, if it is call your local dealer with the vin and see if the recall was done. (Mine wasn't and I got a brand NEW transfer case).
- A pocketlogger would be excelent to have. if you ever plan on modding the car you're going to need one anyway, why not let it help you buy the car?

All I can think of atm... good luck.
Blake

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back