The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

what to do?!?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chad6159

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 26, 2010
findlay, Ohio
okay guys, so my timing belt came off and broke the came gear off, bending valves and breaking my intake cam. i got a new ones and then while driving it home i loose 3rd and 4th gear! what should i do about the transmission? i was thinking about having shepard racing do my transmission but thats pretty damn exspensive, not to mention a hassle! You have to wait for them to send you a box for 125 bucks then you send them your tranny and they rebuild it for like 945, then you have to pay another 95 for them to ship it back.. i was wondering if there is a performance transmission that you can buy without sending yours in? im really getting tired of this car, i just bought it and dont even have it registered yet. :banghead:

EDIT: i was thinking about rebuilding it my self also. around how much would that cost?

they look like there good. only questions are: who could i get to ship my transmission? and around how much would it be?

if i randomly dont have 3rd or 4th wouldnt that be a bent/ broke fork? if so how much would that part cost? i can take the transmission apart myself

if you can get out here to jersey dogbox is definitely the way to go.i had my tranny done as well as many friends and never a complaint.they call their trannies bullet proof for a reason.they are way cheaper than shep,and much better quality,and warranty.i have a friend with a shep trans and after its second season it needed to be redone again...go with dogbox and you wont be dissapointed......good luck

only problem with that is i probally cant ship it and have it there by christmas. and also if its just a broken fork that would save me like 400 bucks because i could do it myself. i dont really plan on makin crazy power right now and kinda am tight on money untill the end of the year

only problem with that is i probally cant ship it and have it there by christmas. and also if its just a broken fork that would save me like 400 bucks because i could do it myself. i dont really plan on makin crazy power right now and kinda am tight on money untill the end of the year

So crack it open and check the fork. :thumb: It could very well be the fork.

okay kinda off topic question kinda not. where is the dang shift linkage on a 1g? theres the 2 cables for forwards back left right where is the linkage? or is that the linkage?

and could not having 3rd nad 4th gear be caused by the linkage/ cables

There are cables that run from your shifter, through the firewall and to the top of the trans. You could have just bent your cable from shifting too hard. It happened to me in my 1g (ebay short throw) and i was stuck in 2nd gear. Possibly broke the shifting arms there too? I would say to just find a junk yard and get a trans for less than $100 and do the work yourself. Probably best bet considering you havent even insured the car yet. The engine might blow tomorrow but hey atleast you spent $100 bucks for nothing rather than $600.

the car is actually insured, here in ohio you have to have it insured before you can register it. Well atleast where im at you have to. and the car right now is sittin in my back yard with the cover on it ill be movin it tothe garage soon, so then i can take a better look at the cables. i hope its just the cables and need adjusted .

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back