The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

What to do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanGST

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 8, 2010
Bronx, New_York
Ok, I have a problem with Aamco. They haven't call me right. And just a little while ago a was pm on here from another DSMer and they were saying they seen my car driving down Burke Ave. which is about three blocks from the Aamco. I have it at. Now, my dilemma is I spoked with a guy at Aamco by the name of Anthony. He was saying to me before I got a set price (2500 by the way now that he told me) said he can take out the transmission and open it and see what's wrong. I ask what's the catch and he said that I will have to pay 795 for the labor and the rest for parts. Do the calculation and that's like 1700 on parts. What got to me was a put my avatar up last night (12/3) and the DSMer said they seen my avatar first and then my car which will make it today (12/4) that he seen my car. But, Anthony told me my car was in pieces so, he lied to me. What should I do with my car? What if they never took it apart in the first place and just said that making me I had to pay the $2500. I was going to go by Monday and take pictures because they never seen me in person. Only did business over the phone. Is there anyway I can come at it without having to pay anything. I was just going to go there and take my spare key and drive my baby off the lot and see if they call me saying they don't have my baby.

i don't understand half of what you typed.... you dropped your car off to a shop, and you think the shop is joyriding? what exactly were they supposed to be fixing? if it's really bugging you, go up there yourself... why would you do business with someone solely over the phone?

DUDE TAKE YOUR CAR HOME, YOU CAN BU ANOTHER GST FOR 2500, DONT TRUST MECH, WITH YOUR CAR, IF YOUR TRANS IS BAD, BUY ONE OFF HERE FOR LIKE2-3 HUNDO TOPS, And do the labor your self, if anything sounds fisshy, then it is

So wait...you are going to pay Aamco to fix your transmission for 2500.00...are you an idiot? Sheptrans.com: Specializing in Performance Nissan GTR Transmissions, DSM Transmissions and EVO Transmissions look at the prices for a built race transmission, then proceed to vomit. Sorry, while I understand you are upset, you did this all wrong. You didn't talke to the guy in person, you just agreed to something before they even knew what was wrong, and on top of it you didn't research your options.

Go get your car and don't drive it until you think about what you have done. You've been a naughty boy.

BTW, I am selling a 98 GST transmission with 107K miles on it that shifts flawlessly for 250.00. You could have spent about 60.00 in gas both ways, driven to me, bought a great transmission and drove back. Why do people always research after the fact?

Sorry, I didn't write straight and clearly pissed off. Basically, they want me to pay 800 just for taking out the tranny and looking at it. Now, my thing is what if they never did take the tranny out and found out if it was something else. They told me I needed a torque converter and my clutch was toast but, I have a auto. Does auto have clutches? So, my main thing is should I just take my car without them knowing if it's just sitting there intact or pay them the 800 knowing in the back of my head they could be lying, which they are?

Cmon man. I told you not to let these tards do the work... Get your car. Park that damn thing, and do the shyt your damn self or let it sit... 800 to look at it huh? They are straight playing you man. I wouldn't pay more than $100 to "look" at the tranny, which apparently means they drove it and tried to figure out what was the issue. :nono: :toobad:

Last edited:
Cmon man. I told you not to let these tards do the work... Get your car. Park that damn thing, and do the shyt your damn self or let it sit... 800 to look at it huh? They are straight playing you man. I wouldn't pay more than $100 to "look" at the tranny, which apparently means they drove it and tried to figure out what was the issue. :nono: :toobad:

They had the car since 11/30. What I'm afraid of is that I was just going over there tonight or tomorrow because they are close and if the car is in the front unprotected or parked on the street. See if it's drivable or if it's not tow it back to my garage and use the 800 for a winter rebuild. (My own Christmas present.) Can they come back at me and try to force me to pay for the inspection or should I just play it off like how the f### you mean you don't have my car. Let them know that I got the car for 800 and therefore I'm not paying the 800 but, I want my key back because my keychain is on it LOL and we can leave it like that. No lawsuit against them for "losing" my car.

i would just go back up there and get your car back during business hours when someone is there. if they say they did something with it, ask for documentation showing what they did. any decent mechanic or shop is going to do a work order or something showing what they've done and/or what they need to do. and if they've done nothing, then you owe them nothing. no worries. don't just "steal" it back. that's just juvenile.

i would just go back up there and get your car back during business hours when someone is there. if they say they did something with it, ask for documentation showing what they did. any decent mechanic or shop is going to do a work order or something showing what they've done and/or what they need to do. and if they've done nothing, then you owe them nothing. no worries. don't just "steal" it back. that's just juvenile.

But, what if they say they refuse to release it unless I pay the 800 and for some reason, They don't have documents saying they didn't work on it but, won't release the car until paid for.

then you go and get the cops to get your car back. if they didn't do anything to it then they can't hold you liable for payment for nothing. that makes no sense. you can't charge someone x amount of dollars because you said you would look at their vehicle but never did. just go get it back. if they're open tomorrow go then. do it as soon as they open, that way if you DO need some help from the law, then it's not real late and they're about to close and what not.

then you go and get the cops to get your car back. if they didn't do anything to it then they can't hold you liable for payment for nothing. that makes no sense. you can't charge someone x amount of dollars because you said you would look at their vehicle but never did. just go get it back. if they're open tomorrow go then. do it as soon as they open, that way if you DO need some help from the law, then it's not real late and they're about to close and what not.

I have a couple of friends that are cops. Should I bring one as a witness just in case it goes that far.

it wouldn't hurt. just don't go in there with some kind of badass attitude. just tell them "hey man, i want my car back, i'm gonna try and do it myself" or something like that. once you start getting shitty, then they can get shitty right back. just stay as calm as possible :)

im sorry but whats with all the stupid people on this forum lately..i just dont get it, just got done with the pizza delivery disaster thread as wellROFLROFL

i agree with u 100% lately these threads are as if someone has an addiction in making a thread for no reason, they just want to read their own posts and see who chimes in.

oh BTW automatics do have clutches, its completely different of what a manual transmission clutch is. but they do have it( it works off hydraulic pressure and pressure converters.

im sorry but whats with all the stupid people on this forum lately..i just dont get it, just got done with the pizza delivery disaster thread as wellROFLROFL

yeah, that pizza delivery post was funny/sad. They blasted the kid. What a dumb a$$. I've been trying to help the op out, but he's not being entirely forthcoming with all the info prior to this post. First profile said n/t, now its gst. iono man. Spent a lot of time trying to help this guy out. I wash my hands with him. GL man. Even though you don't want to listen to nobody... GL I hope this works out for you and those jack asses from Aamco don't get a cent

Does the auto have clutches??????????? You have GOT to be kidding me bro.

Legally they can not hold your car from you (this was discussed just the other day on here). If you take the car (do it during business hours) it becomes a small claims case (assuming they take you). Someone on here had the same thing happen to them. Go in, tell them you're going to do it yourself (politely) and if they refuse to give you the car then contact local authorities. Step 2 is to either buy said cheap transmission from Spawnedx or get your tranny built by a vendor here and be on your way. If you can't do it yourself contact a local that will help you out. Many locals will do it for cheap/a case of beer, especially if you help them out.

yeah, that pizza delivery post was funny/sad. They blasted the kid. What a dumb a$$. I've been trying to help the op out, but he's not being entirely forthcoming with all the info prior to this post. First profile said n/t, now its gst. iono man. Spent a lot of time trying to help this guy out. I wash my hands with him. GL man. Even though you don't want to listen to nobody... GL I hope this works out for you and those jack asses from Aamco don't get a cent

Idk if u talking about me it always state I had a GST. Before I start posting up here they already had my car. I was never going to have them work on my car after they told me it was going to be 2500. When I told them I wasn't going to pay that. They came with the we already have your transmission apart and you still have to pay 800 for that labor. I didn't mind paying for it but then someone on here told me they notice my car driving by around the area. They makes me believe the job was done already maybe but they wanted to charge me crazy. Or maybe something needed to be clean and they did it without ever taking the tranny out. I read online its against their policy to give out receipts on their jobs. So, how can I prove they did the job even.

Idk if u talking about me it always state I had a GST. Before I start posting up here they already had my car. I was never going to have them work on my car after they told me it was going to be 2500. When I told them I wasn't going to pay that. They came with the we already have your transmission apart and you still have to pay 800 for that labor. I didn't mind paying for it but then someone on here told me they notice my car driving by around the area. They makes me believe the job was done already maybe but they wanted to charge me crazy. Or maybe something needed to be clean and they did it without ever taking the tranny out. I read online its against their policy to give out receipts on their jobs. So, how can I prove they did the job even.

i need to see this website... if they aren't giving out receipts, how will you ever know? that sounds pretty friggin shady to me. can you please post a link to their website?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back