The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

What to do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanGST

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 8, 2010
Bronx, New_York
Ok, I have a problem with Aamco. They haven't call me right. And just a little while ago a was pm on here from another DSMer and they were saying they seen my car driving down Burke Ave. which is about three blocks from the Aamco. I have it at. Now, my dilemma is I spoked with a guy at Aamco by the name of Anthony. He was saying to me before I got a set price (2500 by the way now that he told me) said he can take out the transmission and open it and see what's wrong. I ask what's the catch and he said that I will have to pay 795 for the labor and the rest for parts. Do the calculation and that's like 1700 on parts. What got to me was a put my avatar up last night (12/3) and the DSMer said they seen my avatar first and then my car which will make it today (12/4) that he seen my car. But, Anthony told me my car was in pieces so, he lied to me. What should I do with my car? What if they never took it apart in the first place and just said that making me I had to pay the $2500. I was going to go by Monday and take pictures because they never seen me in person. Only did business over the phone. Is there anyway I can come at it without having to pay anything. I was just going to go there and take my spare key and drive my baby off the lot and see if they call me saying they don't have my baby.

First of all, if you did not actually agree for them to do any work on your car, then they were not authorized to do it. I think we all would do well with knowing why you took it in and exactly what you told them they could do. Any reputable shop is going to take work orders (as stated above) recording the time spent on the vehicle as well as quote you beforehand and get the OK to do the work. Did you find this shop online? I'm confused how you got your car to this shop without any of them meeting you...

Did you by chance tell them "do whatever you need to do to find out what's wrong?" Because that would pretty much authorize them to charge you an arm and a leg if they wanted to. I would just ask them about the current condition of the car - if they say they have the tranny in pieces, you can tell them your car was spotted on the road recently and that you would like to see it. Tell them to show you the tranny..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back