The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

What to do...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slo2gen

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 26, 2005
Upstate, South_Carolina
Not sure if this is the right area to post it so if its not sorry. I have a 1998 eclipse rs and I have the basic bolt-on's for it i/h/e and and afx underdrive pulley. I am going to college and I have to commute back and forth from home to school to work back to home and it takes me about 30 min one way. Here recently I have been looking at a 2005 GSX-R 1000 as my main ride to do this, because gas prices are just way too much now. I have found one that the guy is selling his bike because he wants to buy a house and just wants me to take up payments.(Great deal!) Here is my problem, I want to turbo my dsm and I know that requires me getting rid of i/h, and I am only looking to boost at about 8lbs. I know that getting the turbo kit will cost less right now but I am wanting to know if all of the maintnance is going to be worth the extra money. I know that gas will be more in a turbo eclipse but if I went turbo I would sacrafice it. So what do I do, get a bad a$$ bike or turbo my eclipse? ps I have just a little over 100000 miles.

so you want to gain a bike note -- to save a few cents per gallon ?
no to mention the rape that WILL happen from the insurance company.
hmmm let me do my math.

I know that my insurance will be high...very high but the guy that has the bike now pays 132 a month for the bike and like 150 something for insurance a month and he is in the same high risk category as I am. I don't just want the bike for gas, I want the bike because I like bikes. I have always wanted a gsx-r 1000 or 750, but if a turboed eclipse is going to be reliable for me to pay $3150 for a kit plus shipping and my cousin help me put it on for free, and I am not talking about a ghetto job, he is a certified mech. then I will do that.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back