The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

what to do when a reliable shop tells you "you don't need it"

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well to chime back in on my own thread, I haven't gotten an AFPR yet, but plan on taking Omega's advice and get a gauge ASAP and see what's actually going on. Tuning has been a bi***, not easy to get repeatable info. Magnified by a stock SMIC (but I'm only running a small 16g, so it shouldn't be THAT bad, right?), and wicked lifter tick causing some phantom knock at times.

The thread got off an a couple tangents, and I guess I didn't clearly layout one part of my question: How can someone be running 10's/1000cc injectors/monster pump without an AFPR? By everyone's advice this car would be running like shit and extremely difficult to tune. So has this guy managed a way around this problem (like it doesn't have that negative of an effect), or does he just not care and the car is tuned to crap?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back