The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A What to do about stock ECU when added a turbo on a 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L_23

Probationary Member
Mar 10, 2022
Sebring, Florida
Hi, so I recently bought a 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS that has a rebuilt 420A engine and a new forced induction turbo setup. I am also doing other modifications to gain more power, but do not quite know on what to do about tuning the vehicle.

Where should I look to find a ECU that can work for the vehicle and can be tuned, or what are other options I could look at?

Last edited by a moderator:
Your best option is a megasquirt and many of the guys here on the forum usually suggest that. You can go fmu route like I did but it was nothing but problems. I ran a big fuel pump with the fmu but the problem was it would dump fuel at idle. So it kind of defeated the purpose. If you have a built motor I wouldn't waste any time and go straight for the megasquirt. Another thing to is if you have an auto man those do not like power stock. That's about all the advice I can give.

Ceddy mod is the only stock option but as log as ur running the stock ecu and u havent changed the injectors and ur not over running the fuel cut get a after market fuel pressure regulater set it to 45 psi at idle no vac and u should be good to daily it

The stock ecu settings are very safe heavy fuel on boost and safety cut switches built in on the boost and fuel side will save it from any major issues thats if ur just doing a turbo change like a GT27 or T4 with stock sensors and vac call it factory stock LOL

I am working on a sd tune for GT27 750 injectors and 450 pump with stock 99 black box ecu had it running on stock MDP and MAF.

If anyone needs roms and defs i have them stock 1.9v maf sd ceddy files free tuned and tuned up for fun and egr removal and help tuning ceddy small fees coming in the future

Last edited by a moderator:
U can still flash ceddy mods on a 420a but if u going to put the time in to build a 420a car get a evo 8 or 9 motor ecu and awd and do the swap its direct bolt easy mod for rear and u get the dream car

U can still flash ceddy mods on a 420a

While you might be able to get a Mitsubishi black box ECU to run a 420A you not going to get Ceddy's code to run on a 420A ECU. Not in your wildest dreams.

Lets try and keep the discussions on topic.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back