The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

What tires should I get [Merged 3-9] which tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ive got 2gb gsx rims with 4 month old khuma exstsa asx 225/45/17's

im rolling on 205-55-r16 Kumho Ecsta Supras.
thjey are pretty good on wet or dry pavement, but suck on ice.

but still awesome tires, still havent got 100 miles on them yet though

hankook ventus k104s

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

235/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3

i love them, but havent driven much since i moved them over to my 1st gen

just got a set of Continental ContiExtremeContact all season tires. Very grippy and work very well in the snow and rain. sadly, i cant get the thing sideways anymore...

225-45-17 Falken Ziex ZE-512s.

Had them for about 3 months now, absolutely love them in the rain and are pretty decent in dry. Snow/slush is not bad, either.

Considering their low price, I'd give them a :thumb:

-A

I have Falken Ziex-ZE512's as well, mine are 225/50/16s though. I don't drive hard but from what I can tell it gets pretty good dry traction (compared to my previous tires that came with the car), in the rain there's no way I can go WOT in 1st without spinning. However that's granted I guess since it's FWD.

Summer - Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 225/40ZR-18
Winter - Pirelli P7000SS 215/45ZR-17

225/45/16 kumho 712 supras, cant complain. They do great on dry or wet......dont even think about snow

BFG Scorchers 215 45 17 no i dont have the ### colored stripe.

Hey guys , anyone out there building a fast gs-t What tires are the best and rim size to hook up on the street? FWD ONLY

You may want to PM a user named Wendy. She's got a very badass FWD GS-T. I'm not sure what kind of setup she runs, but it's pretty nuts and the car is pretty light. You'll find her very approachable and very knowledgeable as well.

Hope that helps,

Andy

I run the BF drag radials on the street but my car only sees 2000 miles a year now. True they may not last a long time but not many tires do on high powered FWDs. Also my car is still slow in my eyes, but I am happy with what I have done on what I have done to it, stock engine, mani, TB, cams, and suspension. FP BT28, 4200 ft elevation, spare tire passanger seat and rear seat removed and the mods in the profile 12.831@110 just FYI.

I have also ran the old 712s from Kumho, nice sticky tires and decent treadwear. tirerack rates them as a NO in the snow, but I ran them for a entier winter in SLC UT, they do suck but you "can" use them. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=ECSTA+Supra+712

Before I gutted my car and made it a weekend warrior I was running these. And actually they kick ass. Cheap, good tration, decent in the snow. And they are the only tires that last over 1 year that I have had on my car. 2nd gear on 110 I would still break them loose for a bit on dry cold roads. But overall, REALLY NICE TIRES even more so is that they are DIRT CHEAP http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Sumitomo&tireModel=HTR+

as for rims, I like 16's cheaper tires, more sidewall, ect. But your quesiton is kind of vauge. Explain the weather you drive you car in, current or "soon to be dream" set up (engine and suspension), miles driven a year, ect for a better answer.

At the track I would highly recommend slicks rather than a slight hop on DRs or street tires. Konig makes some cheap rims in 15" and our bolt pattern, that when mated to M&H slicks (best IMHO), work great. I am going to running 13" weld racing rims with 24.5" slicks this next season, NICE AMOUNTS of sidewalls. I am even thinking about buying a set of weld skinnys for the rear with "frontrunner" tires. Just not sure yet.

Im putting down a lil more than 3 to the front and i no its hard but for cost as well as daily drvieable street tires i recomend falken azenis cheater slicks they work wonders and they r street legal
:dsm:

I have 17" Track lites and Neo nitto gens...They hold traction ok. For the street they're great, cheap...last...hookup ok. If there's ANY water forget about it...I have to take it a little easy once boost comes in in 1st or 2nd but 3rds perfect when it's dry. My clutch is slipping a bit so once I put that in I'll let you know the differece. I think I'm gonna go with a LSD and either NT555R Drag Radials or G-Force T/A Drag Radials this summer.

triple nickels suck IMHO, I ran them my first day of racing of my first season. I actually had less hop with my street tires than those. They are trying to pass off a autoX tire for a DR. BFs are by far, way superior, to 555s.

spoolup said:
triple nickels suck IMHO, I ran them my first day of racing of my first season. I actually had less hop with my street tires than those. They are trying to pass off a autoX tire for a DR. BFs are by far, way superior, to 555s.

Thanks for the input man. That works out too because the 555s are twice as much too...at 299 a set.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back