The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

What the heck!? OLYMPICS !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blcknspo0ln

DSM Wiseman
Jul 31, 2003
Central, New_Jersey
How is there no thread about this? I've been watching most of the events of the olympics, especially Phelps destroying the competition. He just won his 10th gold :rocks:

USA!!!

Wow! Just seen Phelps get Gold medal number 10!

Since I'm from Iowa like she is, I gotta give some love to Shawn Johnson in womens gymnastics.

the OFFICIAL website of Shawn Johnson

Hey you Canadian DSMers, you guys have 0 medals! What's up with that? Even Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan (Borat says very nice) have some medals.

Not too interested in the Olympics but Taekwondo is my favorite thing to watch. Such a shame though that S. Korea only has 4 people attending this year. Looking for that arrogant Lopez family to get destroyed.

damn what is up with the chinese women gymnasts, they look way underage, but there is no proof because the gov hooks them up with documentation saying they are of qualifying age.

there were articles about how the gov instills must win to all the athletes and that a silver doesnt mean anything.

^^^ so you what are saying, that the its not fair that the Chinese used kids instead of grown ups to beat the US. I would be embarrassed to be beat b children at the Olympics. I can see it now "your honor its not fair that they used highly trained children to beat us".

Prob. a combonation of both... haha

^^^ so you what are saying, that the its not fair that the Chinese used kids instead of grown ups to beat the US. I would be embarrassed to be beat b children at the Olympics. I can see it now "your honor its not fair that they used highly trained children to beat us".

That has nothing to do with it. The reason it is controversial is because it would be cheating to have younger girls. The girls who are of qualifying age have all entered puberty and have harder bones because of it. When a person is born their bones are made mostly of cartilage and are more flexible. As they grow their bones harden and become more stiff, especially during puberty. If these girls were to be underage they have an automatic advantage because of it since their body hasn't matured. Also think about the fact that they are even smaller than what they would be at qualifying age. This makes it easier for them to tuck, balance (lower CoG), flip with less height, bar releases (they can stay closer to the bars, etc... The fact that they are younger kids beating adults isn't really the issue.

But alas there is no proof, and we aren't doing that bad so I don't really care.

Is Phelps autistic? I mean, does he ever close his mouth? Or is that great, huge jaw just from the steroids.

NO, hes just from omaha, a bit of in-breeding is normal around here. Not only does it give him a funny look but he's got the super human tard strength that you get with nebraska inbreedings. LOL LOL I'm glad i wasn't born here, my IQ would probably be 40 points lower, or there has to be some reason no on ehere can drive worth a damn.

I'm always waiting on a big string of drool to be hanging from his face LOL
Anyway, been working too much to get time to watch them lately. Today is my first day off and i will be watching all evening

China just has me pissed off about all the little cheating ass ways they're trying to keep everyone else from winning, including denying refferees and athletes entrance to the country and so on.. Not to mention that they "own" their athletes, china is really making themselves look worse than iraq as far as government treatment of it's people

NO, hes just from omaha, a bit of in-breeding is normal around here. Not only does it give him a funny look but he's got the super human tard strength that you get with nebraska inbreedings. LOL LOL I'm glad i wasn't born here, my IQ would probably be 40 points lower, or there has to be some reason no on ehere can drive worth a damn.

Actually, he's from Baltimore.

Even though he is pretty much super-human, ever think that setting world records might be a little tiring? I'm sure he's sucking some wind after swimming as fast as he does.

Actually, he's from Baltimore.

Even though he is pretty much super-human, ever think that setting world records might be a little tiring? I'm sure he's sucking some wind after swimming as fast as he does.

It was just a joke man calm down LOL... Becuase of his affiliation with omaha all i hear all day is phelps this and phelps that. Gets a little old that anytime we have some one do something good and they're afffiliated with omaha , then the rest of us who live here have to hear about it for 15 fawkin years. Take the 94-95 back to back championships the huskers won. Everyone STILL brags "we're national champions" bla bla bla, then i calmly remind them that it's been 13 years now and there's been plenty more championships since then and we haven't been in them!

And people are of below average intellegence here, dont' believe me come drive through traffic or even try to navigate a store where these dumb asses don't even have the common sense to do daily tasks with any desxterity or common knowledge of how to walk in a crowd (let alone maners enough to say "excuse me",They seriously don't even know how to behave in public, say thank you, hold a door, drive on the correct lane of traffic.. etc..etc.. Hell, half the people here have no clue what a damn turn signal is. Omaha is great, the idiots that inhabbit it make me understand why people go on rampages so often LOL

Is Phelps autistic? I mean, does he ever close his mouth? Or is that great, huge jaw just from the steroids.

He does show some signs of acromegaly. Notice his prominent brow too. HGH?

China just has me pissed off about all the little cheating ass ways they're trying to keep everyone else from winning, including denying refferees and athletes entrance to the country and so on.. Not to mention that they "own" their athletes, china is really making themselves look worse than iraq as far as government treatment of it's people

Actually, China has been getting a lot of praise from the international community and from what I have seen I would agree. The venues they built are considered some of the nicest in the world for the particular event. They were showing some of the interesting features of the pool which is contributing to all the world records being set in swimming, some very cool stuff. And the athletes have stated in interviews how gracious the Chinese have been to them. The opening ceremony is widely considered to be the best ever. I haven't heard of any athletes or officials not being allowed into the country and the host nation has to comply with the IOC in many areas to minimize any potential for bias.

A lot of countries have systems in place to select young kids who appear to have genetic traits which make them more likely to succeed in a particular sport and train them accordingly. I don't doubt that some of these kids are pressured into doing things they don't want to. But if they become successful it also gives them an opportunity to become financially successful in a country where there is much less opportunity than what we have here. True, China is notorious for human rights abuses. But I think that politics should be kept separate from the Olympics. That's part of the beauty of the games, putting aside political bullshit and coming together for sport.:)

Phelps is a beast! That Alicia Sacramone is freakin hot, Shawn Johnson isn't so bad either (i'm going to hell/jail). I'm mad that they are not showing any soccer tho!

Phelps is a beast! That Alicia Sacramone is freakin hot, Shawn Johnson isn't so bad either (i'm going to hell/jail). I'm mad that they are not showing any soccer tho!

Dude; it's America. Noone cares about soccer ;)

I wouldn't mind seeing what Sacramone looks like in "real life." She looks like she's packing some heat, especially for a gymnast.

Ya, Soccer (or Futbol) over all other sports. But I'm biased.

And watching Phelps kick but in swimming is awesome.

Also, he was diagnosed with ADHD when he was a kid, so probably why he appears the way he does.

Anyone catch the men's synchronized diving?:barf: Who decides what to broadcast anyway? What's next? Synchronized stamp collecting?:toobad:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back