The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

What size tap and drill for m10x1.25 helicoil

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeEmO6

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 7, 2002
South Bend, Indiana
Just as title states, I have the m10x1.25 helicoil inserts just need to know size of drill and tap for it?

He is asking about a 10mm not a 12mm

for a 10mm or 3/8 heli-coil you need a 25/64 drill bit

You also need the custom tap for the heli-coil

YEa heli-coils have their own taps that aren't to metric or SAE spec it's it's own thing.

Just a general piece of FYI, most metric threads (standard too but using as example) the hole is drilled about 1mm smaller than the thread spec size..for example, M6 x 1.0 is drilled 5.2mm, M8 x 1.25 is drilled about 7mm etc..etc.. this is for room to cut threads for the overall diameter with threads included, or to have meat to stick into the threads of the bolts

Yea i was just going off the top of my head after a night with no sleep LOL, i always look it up on the chart in my tap set and then mic out what bit to use since most of mine are illegible any more LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back