The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

What size outlet (on a muffler) is too big?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kinsey21300

Probationary Member
Jan 13, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
What size outlet (on a muffler) is too big, also why do you think its too big? (Looks stupid, too much airflow, etc. ) Keep in mind we're talkin about a 1g ES.. :talon:

I think the size of the tip doesn't matter much, it will just affect your exhaust note. It's the size of the pipings (headers, catback,..) that would affect engine performance.

i wouldnt go over 4 inches on the tip size though itll sound liek a deep fart woth ass cheecks flappin

the muffler inlet 2.5 inches and the tip at 4 works good. i should be buying a new muffler later

i had to inform the defiant, couldnt hold it back any longer :laugh:

i just got a uni muffler for mine thats 2.5 in and 4.25 out. uni n1 style silver carbon. well see how it sounds when i get it on.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back