The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2G what size is this -AN radiator line?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustyboner

DSM Wiseman
Mar 13, 2016
abq, New_Mexico
i'm hoping somebody can tell me the size of the line off the radiator just by looking at a picture.
Its in the way of getting an intake attached to the turbo. So it looks like all i can do is make up another line.

It would have to be a -16 right? Cause the water pipe and radiator are something like 1 1/4" ID.

Its not my car and its on the other side of town so im hoping to avoid an extra trip just to measure it.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Most do 16AN for ease of finding fittings and hose. 20AN is another level of costs and one i did or half did and never again LOL.

20AN OD is coming in at 1 1/4" as you measure but your ID is ment to be OD i assume??? The pictures dont seem like 20AN fittings though as those are a beast of fittings, i got one here so when i find it i can post a pic of the difference but maybe the pic is throwing me off a tad!

20AN is better for oem ID hose size but 16AN is not so hopefully this is 20

yeah i know a 16 is way undersized for sure.
i measured a stock water pipe (the one off the water pump) and it was pretty close to 1 1/4 ID. I would assume the radiator inlet/outlet are the same size. It is beaded so maybe i'm off a little and i just used a ruler cause i found that before the calipers.
I found a -16 cap, i don't have any -20 and besides the cap, i only have -12.

Do any of you know how the fittings would be attached to the radiator? There is a weld
here VVVVVV I thought instead of a normal rolled bead, it was a welded bead., or am i wrong?
If the fitting is welded to the radiator, it would be welded at end of the outlet, right?

this is the only other pic i have and it doesn't really show much except how undersized the lower hose is.

I wonder if it would be better to switch to a 2g thermostat housing and water pipe and try to get a normal radiator hose to work.
any suggestions?

I have -20an on mine and it looks similar to that, you can look in my pics to see them.
motomattx, your setup is killer and all but what really amazes me is how you can have a black car that is so clean. I could take mine to the carwash and it would be dirty by the time i got home.

yup. thats what i would expect to see if the fitting was welded on.
so am i right in thinking that the weld in this pic isn't to attach the fitting?

yeah i know a 16 is way undersized for sure.
i measured a stock water pipe (the one off the water pump) and it was pretty close to 1 1/4 ID. I would assume the radiator inlet/outlet are the same size. It is beaded so maybe i'm off a little and i just used a ruler cause i found that before the calipers.
I found a -16 cap, i don't have any -20 and besides the cap, i only have -12.

Do any of you know how the fittings would be attached to the radiator? There is a weld
here VVVVVV I thought instead of a normal rolled bead, it was a welded bead., or am i wrong?
If the fitting is welded to the radiator, it would be welded at end of the outlet, right?

this is the only other pic i have and it doesn't really show much except how undersized the lower hose is.

I wonder if it would be better to switch to a 2g thermostat housing and water pipe and try to get a normal radiator hose to work.
any suggestions?

motomattx, your setup is killer and all but what really amazes me is how you can have a black car that is so clean. I could take mine to the carwash and it would be dirty by the time i got home.
I clean it everytime I take it out before I put it away, this includes usually a coat of ceramic followed by a topcoat of wax then wiped down with spray wax to remove the streaks, labor intensive to say the least.

yup. thats what i would expect to see if the fitting was welded on.
so am i right in thinking that the weld in this pic isn't to attach the fitting?
I am thinking that an an nipple was welded on and the hose then attaches to that.

Your car is one of my favorites :thumb: beside looking awesome, it can light people on fire and thats super awesome:hellyeah:

i guess i'll get some -16 hose and hope for the best.

thanks for the help

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back