The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

what size exhaust

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my95tsi

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 6, 2002
Chicago, Illinois
Ok i have a 2g tsi and i was wondering what size exhaust to get. I'm planning on getting a 3inch cat back and i don't know what size downpipe. I'm plannig on keeping my t25 for as long as i can since i'm at school and short of cash but i will get bigger downpipe if i need to later. I heard that a 3 inch dp on a t25 with stress the turbo and eventually cause it to go out. I don't know if this is true but would i just be better off if i got a 2.5 since the 3 inch won't do too much with the t25?????:confused:

i agree with jdmawd that a 3" dp is what you will want.

but a 14b is much bigger than t25 you don't experience the same problem its like comparing apples to oranges i need guys who have a 2g not 1g to tell me the info.......

Originally posted by my95tsi
but a 14b is much bigger than t25 you don't experience the same problem its like comparing apples to oranges i need guys who have a 2g not 1g to tell me the info.......

the correct answer has been given. if you choose not to take it thats your choice. have a nice day:)

Originally posted by Andydg
What's a 14b and t25?

1g turbo 5 speed cars come with a 14b turbo

2g turbo cars come with a t25 turbo

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back