The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G What size bolt for a 4g63 1g balance shaft delete tensioner pully

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad Noles

Probationary Member
Mar 15, 2022
Linville, North_Carolina
Is there a definite bolt size when you are replacing the balance shaft pully on a 1g 4g63 engine.I've seen the (just use a smaller bolt than when you had the pully on) but is there a recommended lenght for the replacement bolt? I just don't want to buy several bolts before I get the right one.It's on a 7 bolt front oil pump plate.Thanks.

It would be the same for 6 bolt / 7 bolt. Simply subtract the thickness of the balance shaft tensioner pulley from the original bolt length. The original bolt length is 45mm. I think a M8 x 1.25 x 20mm bolt without a washer would be fine. I recommend to apply a little RTV between the bolt head and the front case. That location is common for oil leak.

Ok,thanks man.That's just what I needed.Didn't want to be buying a 20mm,25,mm or a 30mm just to get the right one.I've seen many BSD videos but no one said what length bolt to get.Will definitely use some RTV on that bolt.Don't want any massive oil leak from that pully hole.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back