The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

what should i do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

92AWD7

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 17, 2002
Plainfield_IL
Hey everyone,
Some people remember that I posted about having my car stolen and totaled right in front of me back in January. Well an aquantence from school who had a 90 TSi said he would buy the engine trans/transfer case for $850 because he was helping me out with everything. Well in early april he hit a curb and totaled his car, but still owed me $750 for the stuff. He said he would still sell the stuff for me, but since then has not done anything. Last time I talked to him he said that he was just going to take it and make it his problem as he already signed a bill of sale. Well he has yet to contact me or try to come over and finish taking the engine/trans out. My mom is getting pissed about the car and parts taking up the whole garage so she gave me a deadline of June 17th to get the stuff out. I need the money but he isnt making any attempt to take the stuff that he bought. I guess my question is should I take him to small claims court(only small filing fee) or should I just junk the car and keep the $100 as storage fee. I know you might say sell the stuff yourself but i cannot pull an engine or any of the parts by myself. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and sorry for the long post. thank you

-Kyle

*Cliff notes- kid signed bill of sale buying parts, paid $100 out of $850. Totaled his car and making no attempt to pay or pick up the parts. Deadline June 17th, what should I do court or just junk the car and keep $100 for storage fee?

I would take him to court, you'll most likely win...but even if you don't, it will still be a major pita for him. You can't let people like that think they can so easily get away with this kind of stuff.

Junk it, or sell off the parts through classifieds or eBay. He should be happy to kiss off the $100 for the hassle he's caused you. And if he's not happy about it, he should kiss your ass. And call it ice cream.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back