The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

What should I do with this CF hood? Need all input I can get..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blitzeclips

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 5, 2004
Bear, Delaware
Hey guys I have run into a dilemma here. I was given a CF hood but I'm trying to decide if I want to keep it or not. It's got some imperfections and I don't know if it will be worth the effort. For the time being I do LOVE OEM CF hoods, but the Invader style also looks nice to me. I can buy one for $100 but that needs repairing also. I'm a big fiberglass guy so I can fix most of the problems. I'm not big on buying stuff brand new so I'd like to see if I can get this hood looking good again..

This is the hood drying after I sprayed it with the hose. You can see around the dges where it's very dull and dry..
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Some cracks around the edge... I think If I took a very very very thin paintbrush and went over this with a black paint (before clear coat of course) it wouldn't be AS noticeable...

This is another problem. It holds pretty strong but I can fiberglass over it too..

closer look..

HERE ARE PICS AFTER I SPRAYED THE HOOD WITH A HOSE. I figured it would give me a better idea of what to expect after a clear coat or two..

At this point I think it's fixable. I would probably glass the mounting points for strength, then buy an extra set of hood brackets and fiberglass them onto the hood too, almost like molding but for strength.

Would you..

a) fix the hood up and sell it
b) fix the hood up and keep it
c)spray the hood red and call it a day
d) do A to buy the invader style
e) Sand and spray my metal OEM hood.

I can honestly say I need other options on this because I'm still debating.. Thanks to all for any replies! :thumb:

Well, if you have your heart set on an Invader style hood, I'd patch this one up (it won't cost much, get some beer for while you're doing the labor :thumb:) and sell it.

I'd say option A especially if you want an invader. And sell the hood to me once you're finished, LOL. PM'd!

Ah crap. Just kidding. Forgot you had a 2g. =(

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back