The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

What Sets Us Apart

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MorrisonFab

Supporting Vendor
May 28, 2017
Johnson Creek, Wisconsin
Hello! We wanted to highlight some of the things that we find important, and also happen to be some things that set us apart:

▪️It starts with an oval port exhaust flange. We feel very strongly about using formed runners instead of the entire oval to round transition being done within a 1/2" flange. Shaping the runners themselves allows the most ideal flow path and natural transition from exhaust port to runner. We have these made specifically for our process as they aren’t nearly as common anymore, and the easy hardware access is a nice bonus. We use this flange for every 4g63 manifold, and even did a complete article about why and with cut-aways in the tech section of our website.
▪️No tight radius elbows. We have some tricks and don’t mind getting a little unconventional to avoid any compromised/cheated bends when space is tight.
▪️321 stainless is our standard manifold material. This is a high temp grade stainless, rated for the temperatures a turbo manifold sees for longevity and a better overall product. Not that 304L doesn’t work for most applications, but 321 makes everything we put into each manifold all worth it when starting with a superior material.
▪️Placement. Scrutinized placement to clear as many turbos and combinations as possible, with the downpipe and intercooler piping routing as an integral part of the complete working system. Many modular fixtures allow us to take advantage of each frame size and configuration in order to make the most out of the space available. Nearly all of our offerings clear factory accessories, but if not, we will let you know ahead of time as we’ve tried countless combinations to know what’s possible.
▪️Small and large runner options to match your ideal powerband, response, and intended use for the car. Our own approach for seamlessly stepping down in primary size while still using a full sized oval port flange- no abrupt changes. This is something we like to see done properly and taken advantage of, and avoid any setup that is lazier than it needs to be.
▪️The finishing touches. Yes, the inside of the ports and collector make a statement about our attention to detail and are pleasing to look at, but the bigger statement is what lets that final touch be the easy part. The hard part of initially matching the angles, alignment, and dimensions as well as special forming tools and fixtures is already done, leaving a seemless transition from runner, to collector, to turbine housing. Each acting as an extension of the next. Highly repeatable, consistent fixtures and process allow us to do this; each and every time.
▪️Backed with years of testing and results, from us also being the end users of our offerings; with many of the pieces being born out of our own needs.

We don’t offer everything, but what we do offer is made to perform.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Cheers,
Matt and Samantha

I started running their consolidated T3 Twin Scroll manifold this year and I couldn't be happier. Excellent communication. Excellent quality.

Do you have any experience with EFRs? I have an IWG T4 7670 that I'm going to put on my Evo 1 with an OnGreen cast manifold that needs to be modified. It may just be easier to have a manifold and downpipe made from scratch.

I have been running there T3 open small runner with down pipe and dump tube this season. I have been extremely happy with fitment and quality of it. They treated me great and will recommend 100%.

Attachments

• BA66F74D-463E-4C75-A9DA-AF9E1DEA1015.jpeg
    BA66F74D-463E-4C75-A9DA-AF9E1DEA1015.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 149
Thank you all :)

Do you have any experience with EFRs? I have an IWG T4 7670 that I'm going to put on my Evo 1 with an OnGreen cast manifold that needs to be modified. It may just be easier to have a manifold and downpipe made from scratch.

We actually have a small runner divided T4 that went to AU for an Evo1 with a 7670. EWG in that case, but the B1 frame EFR fit well. The radiator would need to be tucked for the Evo1 engine bay, of course.

Thank you all :)

We actually have a small runner divided T4 that went to AU for an Evo1 with a 7670. EWG in that case, but the B1 frame EFR fit well. The radiator would need to be tucked for the Evo1 engine bay, of course.

That's basically what I need, but the IWG's turbine housing stretches out another 1" to 2" over the EWG, so either the downpipe needs to have more angle, or everything needs to move to the left a bit. Can you PM an estimate for an IWG manifold & downpipe would cost? I would be running a tucked radiator and relocated alternator.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back