The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

What set up can I go?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tatan_Dsm97

Probationary Member
Sep 2, 2012
Orlando, Florida
I am planning on upgrading the turbo, the injectors, and tune the car with ECMlink V3 this coming summer.. My goal is to get around 350whp.
I was thinking about 16G or 20G turbo. However, if there are any others that would work best that aren't crazy expensive I will appreciate the tip.
My question is, what turbo and injectors should I get?
How much PSI?

My mods so far:

Stock 7bolt block
Stock Head
I am getting ARP head studs and Cometic Head Gasket
3 inch full exhaust
255walbro fuel pump
-6 AN fuel line from tank to rail
Fuelab Fuel Filter
Aeromotive AFPR
AEM Fuel Rail
ECMlink V3
Stock 2g Maf

Anything else I should get?

A nice FMIC and BOV will be needed for any turbo larger than a 14b. An EvoIII 16g sounds like an ideal turbo. 350whp should be fairly simple to reach and you still have great spool compared to a 20g.

For 300-350 even 400hp, no need to spend the cash on a MLS/Cometic HG.

Save a few bucks and get a felpro composite (9627PT) for about $40 at any parts store.

Id say drop the fuel rail and -6 fuel line. They arent necessary. +1 for the maintenance first. Also nobody can tell you just how much boost you are going to be running.. Whatever your tune is and however much you need to get where you want is what it'll be. Everyones car is different.

ninja edit.. 750s would probably suffice, but for almost the same price you could pick up some 1000s and leave room to grow in the future. Because Im sure you'll want to! ..

how many miles are on your motor? You need to do preventative maintenance first before you upgrade.

I recently did the timing belt and all components including water pump. The car has 162,000 miles, mostly highway for the time ive owned it and previous owner did a stock rebuild and right now the engine has around 25k miles on the rebuild.

Summer I am upgrading head gasket as well and I am going to do a leak down and compression tests

Id say drop the fuel rail and -6 fuel line. They arent necessary. +1 for the maintenance first. Also nobody can tell you just how much boost you are going to be running.. Whatever your tune is and however much you need to get where you want is what it'll be. Everyones car is different.

ninja edit.. 750s would probably suffice, but for almost the same price you could pick up some 1000s and leave room to grow in the future. Because Im sure you'll want to! ..

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking about 1000cc but was unsure. As for the Fuel rail and -6 AN line, I got them in a package deal with the Eprom ECU with ECMlink all for 700 from a guy that crashed his GST and never got to install them. So I already have those in the car

With a 20g you could run 800-1000cc injectors using MS and get 350hp easy with a good tune.

He should probably go ahead and not do that, and go with DSMlink, that way he can run the biggest injectors he can afford, and has a more DSM user friendly system.

Man I wish you had the time and skills to do an evo 8 twin scroll setup. Definitely one of the most fun setups I've had on my red talon. All it really takes is an eBay manifold and the ability to make your own o2 housing downpipe and some radiator rearranging.

Last edited:
Ok so what I got from this is that I should run an evo III 16G turbo with 1000cc injectors, boost it according to the tune to get the results I want, instead of spending money on cometic headgastket buy the $40 recommended here.

A 20g will give more power, but with ABOUT 750 rpms slower spool. I'd do the 20g and have the ability to get more power in the future. 16g turbos seem to be a dime a dozen now though and can reach your power level.

You have DSMLink, id drop that 2g MAF. ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back