The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

What Scares You Most About Your DSM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyGrowsCold

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 10, 2003
Barnegat, New_Jersey
Just wanted to know what scares everyone the most when getting into your car.

My top three are:

1) Will it start
2) Will it stay running the entire trip
3) If something happens and it stops on the road am I going to be able to get it back home without calling a tow truck.

I've had mine 8 months and driven it less then 100 miles. Seems like I'm always finding something new to fix before I'm confident enough to take it out and really drive the thing.

Mine would be worrying about spinning a bearing. thats it.

everything else im pretty confident with.

No worries at all, I don't live wondering and expecting everything to fail because its going to and you can't do anything about it. No one has a crystal ball to tell you when. Worst case you get towed, best case I keep some tools in the back.

1, Braking down
2, Being stolen or breaking in to

That's about it, for me.

The bill.

Otherwise, an easy second is just plain liability. When someone doesn't like me, without fail, they will take it out on my car. That and I swear people just don't give a shit when they slam their door into your car.

never had a worry untill the AWD swap, now sorting through issues of a pair of 6 year old since last used drivetrai parts and brakes has me in a bit of a worry..that and my helper apparently was stoned and didn't do any of the important tasks i puthim up to properly and i've had to rtear the car apart for everything from tightening flywheels to re doing bolts for fuel tanks and subframes

but i have over the last 10 years taken my car to florida, texas and the east coast around MD/VA and back without worry before the swap

Driving or doing a pull then hearing something bad.

This!! Its happened before. First time I popped an IC pipe I was so scared!! hahaha

I know what you mean Glenn! My first trip after my AWD swap I had the top down. NO interior (drivers seat of course), not even the carpet. I heard sounds Id never heard before and it scared the hell out of me!

I would also say that the only thing that worries me is that something bad would happen when doing a hard pull. Other than that I don't really worry about anything cus I take great care of my vehicle and don't cheap/skip on things.

1. That it will run without the rear end falling out
2. Will it have any reliability at all
3. If the above fail and I part it all of my hopes and dreams will be crushed

I've been working on the car for 5 years now and I've only driven it 4 miles, it went smoother than I thought except I was in 3rd gear the whole time and the hood flew up.

Always worrying about something failing, but now that it's not my DD I don't care as much, and AAA is CLUTCH.

For clarification; blowing an intercooler pipe is very scary. I'm just not scared of it.

I know right!! Ive had it happen a couple times now in my 1g. Im used to the symptoms now so I dont get too worked up with it. Just pull the MAF plug and drive somewhere to fix it! haha

my biggest fear is breaking my timing belt, after 8 hours of owning it this happened. luckly my friend i bought it from was nice enough to fix all the damage that came along with it. you are greatly apreciated my friend thank you. now its letting my wife drive it to happen again LOL

Nothing. At 64k OG miles, and with the timing service already done,,, I worry about nothing.

With my current DSM, my biggest "scare" is someone hitting me, or it being stolen. Im so emotionally attached to it, Im seriously considering buying a 2nd to make fast, and make this one as MINT as a possibly can and it be a "every now and then" driver. Ive never been to attached to anything in my life like i am with my 2g, LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back