The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

what pipe do i use with K&N FIPK?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bad95GSX

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 22, 2004
Bay Area, California
i have two questions. first , what kind of intake pipe do i use with the K&N FIPK. i heard that the injen intake will not bolt up right with it. and secondly is it bad to run a bigger intake pipe with youre stock eclipse gsx? in the future im thinking abot getting a garret t3/t4 turbo, but while im doing that im going to swap in a new engine. so should i go with the 2.5" intake pipe or the 3"-3.5" intake pipe. thanks

The FIPK kit was designed to be used with the stock intake tube. It you want to replace the tube as well, then I would recommend getting you money back from the FIPK kit and buying an Injen kit. The Injen kit comes with the filter, adapter, and tube. Or you could get a Dejon Tool tube (www.dejontool.com) to use with your FIPK kit. :dsm:

99gst_racer said:
Or you could get a Dejon Tool tube (www.dejontool.com) to use with your FIPK kit. :dsm:

I have the same question as well.. I want to replace my stock rubber pipe from my fipk to my Garrett Big t-28... what dejon tool pipe do we use?

I used a ebay intake on my fipk... Tight fit but it fits.. Its the injen knock off for like 70 bucks so. But i wouldnt buy the fipk too much money for a filter.. but it came on the car so i decided to use it.

there's a vendor in the vendor section that is selling the FPIK for 105, not too horrible a price. You can just use the stock tube if you want.

If you plan to go T3/T4, I'd suggest a 3'' or 3.5'' intake. The 2.5'' intakes and such seem to be more for Mitsu turbos.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back