The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

What parts do you wanna see made?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swing lo said:
A complete kit that consist of multiple light weight peices that brings 1g awd/fwd's weigh at least 2500lbs with a 175 pound body or something to that affect.

Hell yeah! I'd pay good money for that....

My idea doesn't really involve machining, but I'm still REALLY REALLY hoping someone picks up on the idea of the Buddy Club 2 body kit on a 1GB, it looks fantastic! There's a thread with pics.

The Idea of the AFPR that would bolt right in is a good one.

And a decent 1g short throw shifter.

pianoman said:
The Idea of the AFPR that would bolt right in is a good one.

And a decent 1g short throw shifter.

Yea, really. A true short throw shifter that changes the position of the pivot, not just shortening the shaft. And also, the shifter would be adjustable, giving you the option to shortening the throw (not heigh) for 35%,50%,75% or maybe even 80%. Why not. Our cars, at least the 1g's have a ridiculous long throw and we don't have a decent short throw shifter like everybody else. Yes, there are mods that you can do to shorten the throw, like the one shown on VFAQ but its not complete safe unless you put stoppers and do some other stuff.
I know its only machine shop stuff, but a true externally adjustable shocks for the 1g would be nice too. Yes we have agk and konis but they all have their flaws big time.
AGK's just suck. They are not made for lowering your car. Konis. Well, are not friendly adjustable like they are in other cars period
I just thought I threw this out, that's all.

Thanks man :thumb:

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I think it would be cool for a converstion to go from FWD to AWD. As I understand it there is one for the turbo versions but none for the N/T.

That way people who mod their N/T can have the same traction that a GSX/TSi AWD have.
:talon:

MNGSX said:
CNC aluminum bolt together intake manifold... Billet, smooth inside and out, light and tough...

Like the FRH in that the runners bolt to the plenum with no welds anywhere and gaskets that giveup to keep the whole mani from going pow on N20 backfires.

1g, 2g, and 2g raised runner versions... All with N20 port and staged injector (extra bank) options. The 2g raised runner will need injector bosses no matter what.

An fittings for manifold boost reference port... etc...
I'd take a nice intake mani, for our 420a's

a $50-$75 AFPR like i said before you would make LOTS of money. Because I know alot of people on here (Including myself) are running Walbro 255's w/o a AFPR and the cheapest one is like $175 and $300 if you wanna redo all of you fuel lines. Im not saying that SS Braided fuel lines wouldnt be awsome but id rather spend my money on something else. :thumb:

Seems like everyone always wants,,
a full turboback 3 inch quiet exhaust (resonators?) with dual stock looking tips that doesnt:

-take 3 months to arrive
-involve me getting a variety of pipes and a muffler from 20 sources and then somebody to weld them together etc.

though i realize you most likely meant CNC ideas.

HELLO......................................HELLO..............................................HEllo......................

Hello...................................hello........................

Do you have any info at all on the 1g afpr? The only reason I ask is im gonna be getting one, but I would wait longer if hes even contemplating doing it.

How come no one has published a Hard Bound DSM Upgrade Manual?
I am talking full on flow charts of popular DSM upgrade turbos, Parts interchangibility between 1G and 2Gs, New Car advertisements of each model year from 1989-99, with option codes.

I have seen all kinds of Honda upgrade and modification books.

Awesome idea IMO.

Not that searching the net for this info is bad, just sometimes I wanna kick my feet up and FLIP PAGES the old fashioned way.

gsxtacy

Maybe the wisemen, vendors and others can get together on one.

TOTalon said:
A way to put a manual steering rack on a 2g.

2nd. And while your at it, make the turning radius just a bit better :) but don't hit the transmission. (im actually semi-working on this right now)

Leitnin said:
2nd. And while your at it, make the turning radius just a bit better :) but don't hit the transmission. (im actually semi-working on this right now)

I'd like a tighter turning radius too, but my 245's already rub (just barely) at full lock...

tom1995tsi said:
a $50-$75 AFPR like i said before you would make LOTS of money. Because I know alot of people on here (Including myself) are running Walbro 255's w/o a AFPR and the cheapest one is like $175 and $300 if you wanna redo all of you fuel lines. Im not saying that SS Braided fuel lines wouldnt be awsome but id rather spend my money on something else. :thumb:

Get a SARD FPR. 100 bucks, and an adapter for the stock 4G63 fuel rail is another 10-15 bucks that lets you run standard fuel line.

They have 8mm barbed ends that accept regular fuel line. You can also remove those and put 1/8th to 6AN adapters and run it like that.

cait sith said:
Get a SARD FPR. 100 bucks, and an adapter for the stock 4G63 fuel rail is another 10-15 bucks that lets you run standard fuel line.

They have 8mm barbed ends that accept regular fuel line. You can also remove those and put 1/8th to 6AN adapters and run it like that.

If you're really lazy (like me), just get the Buschur AFPR. It *is* expensive like all the others, BUT, you don't have to do anything special for it. Straight bolt in and includes fuel pressure gauge...

MNGSX said:
Maybe the wisemen, vendors and others can get together on one.

i would pay 15 to 20$ for it too
:thumb:

1LE said:
I'd like a tighter turning radius too, but my 245's already rub (just barely) at full lock...

yeah, the transmission is really the problem in this situation. I was thinking about the geometry of spacing the wheels out just a bit to give more room for the angle. I think were pretty much screwed on the turning radius, but i'm still looking into it.

Im also very much looking at adapting a manual rack for a 2g. So far, Im not sure what the problem would be with using the 1g rack (changed somewhat).

I really want my power steering pump and lines gone, but need manual steering to do so..(depowered is a little hacked for my taste)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back