The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

What parts do you wanna see made?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Something that would eliminate any possibility of crankwalk :p

Hey I'm working (mostly thinking at this point) on that.

EVO clutch fork, slave cylinder, throwout bearing and pressure plate swap.

When the flywheel gets pulled instead of pushed = less chance of walk.... Ever hear of EVO walk?

B005T3DT5i said:
a full line of block off plates , like a kit, that has block off plates for anything you want to block off......

now that's a DAMN good idea, the best one i've heard yet :thumb:

What would you want to block off other than the egr and fiav?

i think a good quality turbo manifold at a decent cost would be a decent idea. or a battery relocation kit that includes wire, box, fuse's, distribution box's and external kill switch.. that would be a good idea

MNGSX said:
When the flywheel gets pulled instead of pushed = less chance of walk.... Ever hear of EVO walk?

Explain?

na90dsm said:
fidanza has em. or just swap to a gst setup

so a gst flywheel iwill fit a na?

oh,a company here makes nt cams for the 4g63.. but its 570 euros for the set w springs and ive heard that theyve got problems ( cams are cheap,get run in after 20k)

why not start by making some oil and radiator caps that the DSM or 4g63 or something simple to begin with :thumb:

jott5555 said:
What would you want to block off other than the egr and fiav?

i think a good quality turbo manifold at a decent cost would be a decent idea. or a battery relocation kit that includes wire, box, fuse's, distribution box's and external kill switch.. that would be a good idea

definitely would be nice to have, instead of buying all of the parts from various different places :thumb:

Raph said:
so a gst flywheel iwill fit a na?

oh,a company here makes nt cams for the 4g63.. but its 570 euros for the set w springs and ive heard that theyve got problems ( cams are cheap,get run in after 20k)

why not start by making some oil and radiator caps that the DSM or 4g63 or something simple to begin with :thumb:

yes gst flywheel fits a n/t car but you have to swap a bunch of stuff. pretty much from starter plate over. pm me if your interested so this stays on topic

Morphius said:

Preliminary
Its not just MT's and DSM's

http://www.miata.net/solo/99miatathrustbearingfailure.html
http://www.thirskauto.net/Engine_Thrust_Bearings.html

Best info for oiling mod.
http://www.4secondsflat.com/Thrust_bearing_failures.html
Did you read the part about how on some cars poor electical grounds can cause the wear! I dont think its the DSM problem but there have been alot of different thrust bearing killers over the years of the IC engines existence.

Under load with no pressure from any pressure plate or Tq converter the crank wants to "rub" on the thrust face facing the rear of the engine.. So if the clutch pulls on the pressure plate it opposes this force and actually decreases thrust bearing wear.

FourG63 97GST said:
Aluminum door handles

Steel handle block plates for shaving door handles. AL plus sheet metal joined under paint=bad.. For conventional handles AL hell yes.

I would wanna see some stock 2g foglight covers but in carbon fiber. Would look great with a carbon fiber hood. Maybe even a rear lip but in a matching kinda way to the rmdsm(i think thats it) lip..........

MNGSX said:
So if the clutch pulls on the pressure plate it opposes this force and actually decreases thrust bearing wear.

Does the EVO 4-8 have a TB that is attached to the pressure plate? and is acutated by pulling it?

I've yet to see such a clutch, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Do you have a pic?

MNGSX said:
Yep... Stock throwout bearing design on the EVO's

Interesting.

Can the EVO 4-8 clutch be adapted to the 1g/2g flywheel?

I :confused:

I know a evo flywheel will fit a 7 bolt crank and the evo pressure plate and clutch will go on that...

I'll need to see an evo trans out at a dealership a buddy works at to see if the fork swap and pivot mod can be done on the trans case.

I'm almost certain you'd need to swap the flywheel...

road race or someone has to have the diameters of the flywheels and the steps and such on the site somewhere.

EVO's don't have steps.

RRE said:
You will need to resurface the flywheel or get possibly get an aluminum flywheel. With the DSMs you will hear of horror stories of difficulty getting the flywheel resurfaced to the correct step height. That is a DSM thing only. EVOs use a flat flywheel with no step. While you will still want it done at a machine shop that knows what the hell they are doing, it isn't super critical like the DSM guys had to deal with.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The only thing would be a reversed slave cyinder mount and revesed evo fork mount.

Im thinking quite a few of the machining type ideas would be possible, when I get into work in the morning Im gonna print this thread out, do some drawings, and see what we can figure out. Ill let you guys know, thanks so far :thumb:

id like to see a single peice straight intake w/o bov dump tube and w/o a mas for those who use MAF/T on 2g's. i know dejon tool has them for 95 bucks but come on, its a peice of f'ing pipe.

A complete kit that consist of multiple light weight peices that brings 1g awd/fwd's weigh at least 2500lbs with a 175 pound body or something to that affect.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back