The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

What Other Hobbies Do you guys have?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've gotten into homebrew this year.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This is the husband's Irish red. Today is bottling day for my blood orange cider and once the carboy is free the husband is making a chocolate imperial milk stout. He's also going to town with kombucha.

I'm getting a little into mixology. I've always made them taste good but now I'm trying to make them look good.

That's a gif but I guess it Tuners doesn't support that.

I would say that I do woodworking to get away from the alcohol stuff but my biggest project was the bar I made at my old house so I guess it all revolves around alcohol after all...

I've gotten into homebrew this year.

This is the husband's Irish red. Today is bottling day for my blood orange cider and once the carboy is free the husband is making a chocolate imperial milk stout. He's also going to town with kombucha.

I'm getting a little into mixology. I've always made them taste good but now I'm trying to make them look good.

That's a gif but I guess it Tuners doesn't support that.

I would say that I do woodworking to get away from the alcohol stuff but my biggest project was the bar I made at my old house so I guess it all revolves around alcohol after all...

Funny because I also do woodworking and homebrewing. If you haven't already, get your fermentation temps under control and play with water chemistry. Those two have the biggest impact. Limiting cold side oxidation also is a big part but it seems like you guys are brewing malt forward beers so it isnt so crucial.

I dabble in woodworking a little. Currently planning out a 12'x6' bridge for the stream that cuts through my backyard and prepping to make a large epoxy topped dinner table that can seat at least 10 (6 kids between my wife and I).

I have a renewed interest in hunting for a couple of years now, since my brother has started getting serious about it too recently. Dad used to take us when we were young, now we take him. Nothing too intense, we only hunt on our family farms -one is 325 acres and the other is 270 acres.

I got this whitetail last year in rifle season:

I like to target shoot on my farm but with the prices of ammunition, I have almost quit "practicing". I have hunted since I was around 8 years old, it was what we did for entertainment back in the 70's.
I plunk around with my .22 Marlin at the pond using snakes as targets so my grandchildren are safe when they go down there to fish or just to be wondering the acreage. I also have 2 .40 Highpoint pistols and a .40 Highpoint Carbine that are fun to play around with, but are really for home/shop self defense. Those shells have REALLY went up in price. I used to buy 50 for under $20, now it is about $40 and getting harder to find. I should take up the "hobby" of reloading now!
I recently just modified my hand guns to except normal accessories with 3D printed Picatinny rail adapters (purchased, not made) for things like a flashlight and/or laser and am very happy with the results. :thumb:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hi-Point-JHP-and-JCP-lower-rail/274133278835?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
I never had a flashlight on my home defense stuff until one night my son said he heard something outside (we have had things stolen from our cars before) so he went outside with a flashlight. I thought that it would have been nice to have that flashlight on the bottom of a handgun instead of just a light in his or my hand so I did some mods and came up with a very nice addition to them. :sneaky:

I have too many hobbies on top of Fishing,video games,2A.
Been really trying to find a balance and give up some things to make more time for the more important hobbies.

Well, a couple of hobbies I do are collecting FF7 memorabilia. I loved this game since I was a kid and I can be a bit of a nerd about it. So far I have books, Play Arts figures, music box, watch, and other nifty items. My other collection involves Nier: Automata.

I tinker in 1/10 scale r/c cars. Though, I must confess, it’s been a bit since I’ve been elbow deep in them. They’re costly little f***ers. Lots of aluminum hop-ups. Tons of wheels/tires and probably 20 or 30 body shells. I have three electrics, a super charged nitro, and a Clodbuster 4x4x4. All HPI minus the Clodbuster. I need to get back in to it with a lift kit for the truck since the wheels are ridiculously huge and troubleshoot the no-start/running issue on the nitro car.

I also have an Airwolf helicopter that I’m fixing to paint probably next year. I need to find a proper set of landing gear retracts and mock the mechanics and electronics into the fuselage in case of drilling, cutting, or modifying is needed.

But my guilt pleasure for the past couple of years is building 1/8 scale cars. So far, I’ve built a Fiat 500 Abarth, Nissan GTR, Subaru WRX Sti, Ferrari Testarossa, Volkswagen Beetle 1303, Ferrari F40, Lancia Delta, LaFerrari, and am working on the BTTF Delorean. I also have a Porsche GT2 model as well as Lamborghini Huracan and Aventador models to build. Most of these weight 15-20 pounds, have working lights/sounds, and are stupid super detailed. These are the pinnacle of a money pit, but are fun to build. If you’re interested, find my model page on FB. Many pictures and info.

Spring and summer is coming. So, work will resume little by little on the Eclipse hopefully. I have an ARC2 to finish installing. And I have a couple of housekeeping items to address on the Saturn.

Omg i needed that i cant stop laughing!

Being a full time dad. Three girls, twin 4 year olds and a 9 year old. One of my twins is obsessed with my car. So she usually comes out in the garage to try to help LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoy creative writing, photography, and digital illustration. I also enjoy reading books (especially history)/researching things and playing a few video games... I think I might be a nerd. :idontknow:LOL

Here's an illustration I've been working on for a while..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back