The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

What NON-Dsm's do you like?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you guys think are the tougher 4x4 trucks. I had a 2-wheel Explorer and it was unbreakable. Anybody have a tough truck?

my office i work at has a 95 AM general hummer. It's a little toughy, it's our plow vehicle and duck hunting truck...hehe

Originally posted by LwlrMk
my office i work at has a 95 AM general hummer. It's a little toughy, it's our plow vehicle and duck hunting truck...hehe

Umm... Where do you work?:confused:

For $3000, you could get an early 90's Honda, any american compact late 90's or older, and like some have said, a non-turbo DSM is easily attainable, 1G or even 2G. Good luck:thumb:

ugh if your gonna get a mudder, don't get an explorer :barf: they are horrible at off roading... a few tow truck owners have said they have pulled alot of explorers out of the mud... if u want off road.. get a jeep...lift it.. and your set.. my friend has one and damn those things can climb mountains... i'm serious... but they're chrysler so i dunno about reliablility...

up here in wisconsin. The owner got it really for hunting but we(service) use it for plowing to, 8' boss v plow.

Originally posted by irjoshy
ugh if your gonna get a mudder, don't get an explorer :barf: they are horrible at off roading... a few tow truck owners have said they have pulled alot of explorers out of the mud... if u want off road.. get a jeep...lift it.. and your set.. my friend has one and damn those things can climb mountains... i'm serious... but they're chrysler so i dunno about reliablility...

I'm not going to buy another explorer, but I have to disagree with you on their capabilities. I had a 2wd that was pretty impressive. I was thinking a ~92' full-size blazer or something like that.

Originally posted by irjoshy

AMC/Jeep are awsome,

If you can find one and they are rare but cheap. A early 80 model AWD AMC Concord.. Inline 6 AWD and pretty high off the ground for that big of a car. I had a RWD one there pretty fun all considering.

Score yourself a 70's Toyota FJ-40 (slap a 350 in it if you can >_<) if you wanna mud it up. Other than that, work it out with your folks bro. Use dirty tactics like "dad used to have a car that was way faster than this one!" or Mom, "I'll become a social outcast if you make me sell my car!"
thorw on the :cry: and your set.

Gotta do what cha gotta do! Gl.

--Symple

Why is everybody suggesting imports? I'll take, What is big American iron, for 2000, Alex! The Answer: This favorite vehicle of law enforcement offers a big V-8, room for 6, and rear wheel drive.

room for six?
why would you go from dsm to crown vic?
at least get a rustang, but most likely there gonna see mustang and go faster then old talon. buy a integra. 1994 integra, im sure you can score one for 3-4g's non gsr model.

if you can't get something fast, get somethign reliable thats upgradeable. Mitsubishi mirage. Probably want a 5th gen, (97-01) they are hella reliable (mines went through a bad accident and still doesn';t fail me) and if you get the money, swap an evo motor in and your on your way.

3rd Gen Camaro, if in good condition can have the potential to look better than our cars and I know you don't have the money, but bigger V8 swap.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back