The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

1G What looks to be a plug in for an Ethernet cord, passenger side below console? What's this for?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1gChrisB

Probationary Member
Jun 1, 2015
Gun Barrel City, Texas
Have a little block that looks like an Ethernet cord would plug in to it? Is this for a data logger or tuning or what?!?:hmm: can't get the picture to attach! :banghead:

I haven't honestly had time to trace them and see where they go.. Its on the passenger side of the center console down towards the floor. I will go look now and see if I can see anything

Can't quite figure out where it goes but does run towards ecu. Too dark to trace it tonight and I have to take the panel off to really get to it! I'll check into it more tomorrow and try to get some pictures!

I know this one! newbie or not, does the car have an aftermarket stereo system? I had a kenwood system that had what looked like telephone cord going from the deck to a subwoofer control unit which then would send a signal to the amp/sub funniest thing was the wire was even curly que like an old phone wire, try to look into that.

I concurr with some of the previous posters...I have had black boxes with ethernet or standard phone jacks. So far I have had a old old cell phone, stereo bass knobs and currently my PA mic plugs into a black box.

I had one like that in my Celica it ran to my amp and had a turn knob to adjust the output on the amp while driving. My sub was never distorted as long as I remembered to adjust it. Check your trunk area and see if there are any signs of an amp or sub

I think it's got something to do with the radio or an old phone.... Made an attempt to hook it up to my computer and connect to DSM link just to check and it wouldn't connect.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back