The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

What kind of oil do you use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I hope you realize Mitsubishi's endorsement of Mobil 1 is part of a contractual agreement where Mobil 1 provides their oil at dirt cheap prices. It has nothing to do with it's "superiority."

But hey, keep believing all oils are the same, I mean at the school I went to for automotive services, they only refuted and adequately proved that it is not. Heck, I guess all the "mechanics" here with non-running DSMs know better than ASE certified, industry veterans.

Ferrari was more than happy to drop their Mobil 1 endorsement...wonder why.

---

I know the people who are not fan boy's and are actually interested in information will put these to use:

Synthetic Oils

AMSOIL Synthetic Motor Oil - BestSynthetic.com - AMSOIL vs. All Leading Brands

Interview: Synthetic Oil Myth - LoveToKnow Cars

---

Use that to make your own determination. I honestly could care less what you use and if your engine blows up. However, the reason this site gets the nickname "tooners," is because of all the bad information provided by people who are suppose to be trusted sources.

Why did the myth that all synthetic oils are the same come about? Like all other similar myths, someone, somewhere, needed to feel good about buying the cheapest stuff he could find.

Agreed. 100%

The dsm is currently on shell rotella T6 5w-40, but has seen mobil 1 10w-30 and casrol gtx 10w-30.

Valvoline full synthetic 10w-30
Usually goes on sale at Advance Auto with a free K&N or PurlatorPureOne oil filter.

I used that in my truck a few months ago because it was on sale like you're saying and got a really bad lifter tick on cold starts. I had never had lifter tick before in my truck. Switched back to Castrol and no more tick.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back