The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

What kind of oil do you use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will I've tried Castrol Synthetic but after I used Mobil 1 Synthetic I never looked back. I have yet to try royal purple. Im not sure of the weight but my brother accidentally bought me 5w-30 instead of 10w. Somehow it runs smoother! Oh and Mobil 1 Syn makes my car feel smoother and speedier then the castrol.

In the summer I use 20w50 and a quart of Lucas. Usually whatever I can get brand wise but not synthetic. In the winter I use 5w30 and a quart of Lucas. Usually Valvoline because it's free, also not synthetic. I've never put synthetic in the Talon mostly because it's expensive and I get regular oil for free. It's funny too because I only change my oil like twice a year even though its free.

In the summer I use 20w50 and a quart of Lucas. Usually whatever I can get brand wise but not synthetic. In the winter I use 5w30 and a quart of Lucas. Usually Valvoline because it's free, also not synthetic. I've never put synthetic in the Talon mostly because it's expensive and I get regular oil for free. It's funny too because I only change my oil like twice a year even though its free.
I run Amsoil Dominator 15W-50 Racing Oil.

Rex2342 are you referring to Lucas Oil Stabilizer? If so I would stop using that stuff. It foams up and is no good.

Rex2342 are you referring to Lucas Oil Stabilizer? If so I would stop using that stuff. It foams up and is no good.
I've been using Lucas in everything I own for the past 10+ years, never had any sort of mechanical issue. Lucas actually cut oil consumption on an old conversion van we occasionally pulled my Motocross trailer with in half over straight 10W40.

I've drained the oil hot just seconds after the engine was turned off and never saw any foam. Is there firm proof of this foam anywhere beyond that Bob The Oil Guy ad where he's trying to sell us on some oil that doesn't exist outside Missouri?

Nice try, Bob. Air alone doesn't turn oil white....the only thing that makes oil foam and turn white instantly is water, and I know damn well if Lucas was putting water in their products they wouldn't be able to buy a stadium in Indianapolis after they bought new engines for every consumer that uses their products.

I run Redline 20w50 weight full synnthetic. I like it because it still has the higher zinc additive than most oils (like mobil 1).

depending on my mood between castrol/quaker and royal purple. About every 6months i use Zmax

I've been using Lucas in everything I own for the past 10+ years, never had any sort of mechanical issue. Lucas actually cut oil consumption on an old conversion van we occasionally pulled my Motocross trailer with in half over straight 10W40.

I've drained the oil hot just seconds after the engine was turned off and never saw any foam. Is there firm proof of this foam anywhere beyond that Bob The Oil Guy ad where he's trying to sell us on some oil that doesn't exist outside Missouri?

Nice try, Bob. Air alone doesn't turn oil white....the only thing that makes oil foam and turn white instantly is water, and I know damn well if Lucas was putting water in their products they wouldn't be able to buy a stadium in Indianapolis after they bought new engines for every consumer that uses their products.
Who is Bob? I was informed of this by a few old school 8sec DSMer's. Disregard my statement. Stick to what works for you.

I run Amsoil Dominator 15W-50 Racing Oil.

I've used Lucas in every car I've ever owned including my previous DSMs and never had a reason to not use it. It goes in with every oil change on my personal vehicles and my wife's Blazer. I use it at work all the time for regular customers per their request. Everything from Corvettes to crappy old Crown Vics, beat ass Civics, high end BMW's , a cherry 1990 Porsche 911 turbo, and a few Mercedes and even muscle cars. If it were bad for engines I'm sure I would of seen something in the 5 years I've been servicing these peoples cars. You can't always believe everything you read. If we did that we'd all be buying boost fluid ROFLROFL

10W30 winter, 10W40 summer. Whatever name brand synthetic is on sale. Mobil 1 or Valvoline for the most part.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back