The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

what kind of engine can i use...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigRand said:
Yeah, uh let me know when you find an RHD eclipse in Japan, much less a talon. LOL!

he's got it beat, he's got a laser LOL

BCESI said:
btw... I think driving a domestic with a japanese engine is kinda lame as well....apparrantly you have forgotton that all DSM's were made in america, no offense

first of all not all dsm were made in america. ever heard of the eclipse ct? most likely not. second of all just because my car was made here doesnt make it a domestic. youre forgeting that most cars, wether its a honda or toyota, they are all made in the US.

what if i made cooked some quesadillas here at home, am i no longer making mexican food just because i cooked it in the us?? think about that.

BCESI said:
1gb's with the 7 bolt motor can develop crank walk just as easily as a 2g with a 7 bolt motor. You have a 92 so unless your car was built before march 1992 you've got a 7bolt 4g63 and you too can be a victim of your crank taking a walk. It's the 1ga's and the early 1gb's that have the 6 bolt motor. I also think that most people would agree that having a slower car that always works is better than having a fast car that is always broken, well at least I would

i have a 6 bolt. also only the minority of people on this site will agree that having a slow reliable car is better than a fast car. you see I, as most people on this site, have a pasion for racing. you cant race with a slow car. i dont know if youve tried it but people just point and laugh.

awdtaylon said:
first of all not all dsm were made in america. ever heard of the eclipse ct? most likely not. second of all just because my car was made here doesnt make it a domestic. youre forgeting that most cars, wether its a honda or toyota, they are all made in the US.

what if i made cooked some quesadillas here at home, am i no longer making mexican food just because i cooked it in the us?? think about that.

are you calling your Plymouth Laser an import??? A car made by a domestic company in this country sounds like a domestic to me. you my friend are cooking burgers.

GSGoinFast said:
are you calling your Plymouth Laser an import??? A car made by a domestic company in this country sounds like a domestic to me. you my friend are cooking burgers.

Thank you GS, you have taken the words out of my mouth :thumb: here's the difference between honda, toyota, etc... building cars in the US and your car... Those companies ARE JAPANESE, plymouth however is an American company (owned by chrysler just incase you forgot) using a japanese engine (just to be clear, from mitsubishi) Chrysler owns PART of mitsubishi and put in a japanese engine into their domestic car...anyway whatever...

you cant race with a slow car. i dont know if youve tried it but people just point and laugh.

May be true but the slow car and everyone else laughs at the fast broken car in the pits

Honestly though dude, if you don't have anything constructive to add to the N/T forum why do you browse it and post in it?

GSGoinFast said:

Thank you GS, you have taken the words out of my mouth :thumb: here's the difference between honda, toyota, etc... building cars in the US and your car... Those companies ARE JAPANESE, plymouth however is an American company (owned by chrysler just incase you forgot) using a japanese engine (just to be clear, from mitsubishi) Chrysler owns PART of mitsubishi and put in a japanese engine into their domestic car...anyway whatever...

you cant race with a slow car. i dont know if youve tried it but people just point and laugh.

This may be true in a sense but you can race a slow car and the slow car, as well as everyone else, laughs at the fast broken car in the pits

Honestly though dude, if you don't have anything constructive to add to the N/T forum why do you browse it and post in it?

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

TURBO GUYS! If you dont have naything to say thats helpful, then GO AWAY! No more bashing, or "Frank comments" that ammount to the same. Just leave us ALONE already.

We all drive DSM's, just different specs and models of em. Thats all. Leave it well enough alone, this subject has been beat to death here, there, and fricking everywhere else in the known internet-world. Do what you can with what you have when you can, thats all its about. DSM's should NOT be about elitism or superiority complexes. They should be about mutual love for the auto tuning and performance trade.

We now return you to your regulary scheduled flame war :notgood:

ShadowWulf said:
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

TURBO GUYS! If you dont have naything to say thats helpful, then GO AWAY! No more bashing, or "Frank comments" that ammount to the same. Just leave us ALONE already.

We all drive DSM's, just different specs and models of em. Thats all. Leave it well enough alone, this subject has been beat to death here, there, and fricking everywhere else in the known internet-world. Do what you can with what you have when you can, thats all its about. DSM's should NOT be about elitism or superiority complexes. They should be about mutual love for the auto tuning and performance trade.

We now return you to your regulary scheduled flame war :notgood:

Honestly its just not worth it to argue about it anymore. Unless you have an incredibly funny come-back, its better not to reply LOL. either report the post to a moderator or give him negative feedback or do both or whatever else you can think of. but arguing obviously doesnt achieve anything so i think we all need to stop being fuel when a turbo guy throws a spark at us. :thumb:

ok so i found 2 people who said they'd put my motor in with my annoying assistance... but i don't have a motor yet... anyone knows anyone who is getting rid of their 420a motor... let me know... i need to get this biza running again... i'm driving a fricking MINI VAN right now... can we say i'm so depressed... how am i suppose to catch anyones eye in a stinking MINI VAN AH!!#$!

Try the dealership i think they ar starting to sell 420As refurbished with a factory warranty????? i was in there the other day and saw a sign advertising them. Im pretty sure it was the 420A and not the 4G63

Might as well stop arguing, you cannot change turbo guys :nono: Besides, I thought we were suppose to stop everything we are doing and help the lady? That IS what you guys are all about.

eclipsegirl2 said:
ok so i found 2 people who said they'd put my motor in with my annoying assistance... but i don't have a motor yet... anyone knows anyone who is getting rid of their 420a motor... let me know... i need to get this biza running again... i'm driving a fricking MINI VAN right now... can we say i'm so depressed... how am i suppose to catch anyones eye in a stinking MINI VAN AH!!#$!

ROFL i used to have to drive either a POS 96 mecury or a minivan. but now my sis just got a 02 mustang convertable, so its not a bad parts runner! :D

eclipsegirl2 said:

Yes definatly check the dealerships, and possibly ebay, and just keep asking around, I bought my second motor for 80bucks and it only had like 60000 miles on it, now I just have to build it.

One other place you should check is Howell automotive, for a crate motor.

i blew my 420 block and it knocks massively and i checked it out and i spun a bearing and the rocker arm is bad. I was just going to get a new 420a put in but i got curious and was wondering if i could do a 6 bolt and if it would bolt up to my tranny bc i know the 6 bolts are stronger. All i know is, that i would probably need a wiring harness and the 6 bolt motor and thats it, idk what else i may need. i dont wanna turbo it just have a strong motor. so if you guys can help me out let me know and pm me. thx

2gawdttalon said:
i blew my 420 block and it knocks massively and i checked it out and i spun a bearing and the rocker arm is bad. I was just going to get a new 420a put in but i got curious and was wondering if i could do a 6 bolt and if it would bolt up to my tranny bc i know the 6 bolts are stronger. All i know is, that i would probably need a wiring harness and the 6 bolt motor and thats it, idk what else i may need. i dont wanna turbo it just have a strong motor. so if you guys can help me out let me know and pm me. thx

Whoa whoa whao, back the truck up a minute.

a 420a is simple for us, no 6 bolts or 7bolts to confuse, that is strictly for the 4g63 guys. a 6bolt motor is a 89-94 4g63 eclipse/talon.

Please don't be like the other half baked people around the world that want to dump there money into swapping a 420a to a 4g63, its just not worth it.

Your best bet, is to buy another 420a block and put it in so you can have a car to drive, while building the old block. Or just build the blown 420a block you already have.

If you really want a 4g63T in your eclipse/talon, then you might as well buy one that already comes with it.

2gawdttalon said:
I was just going to get a new 420a put in but i got curious and was wondering if i could do a 6 bolt and if it would bolt up to my tranny bc i know the 6 bolts are stronger. All i know is, that i would probably need a wiring harness and the 6 bolt motor and thats it, idk what else i may need. i dont wanna turbo it just have a strong motor. so if you guys can help me out let me know and pm me. thx
I'm sorry. Did you even read this thread?

NO.

Get another 420A. They are perfectly fine engines and can hold 400whp or more if properly built. You can't put a Mitsubishi motor in your Dodge. Just like you wouldn't put a 4G63 in a Camry, you can't put one in a Neon with a DSM body kit on it.

Sorry, but you used the search, found a thread, and apparently didn't even read it. The first handful of posts specifically mention this. It's like you read the ingredients on the cereal box and then asked if sugar was in it.

Sheesh. So much for quitting smoking.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back