The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

What job do you hate to do on your DSM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is it crushed? You don't have a transfer case to remove so whats so hard about dropping the pan? Roll the car up some ramps, drop your down pipe and your there. It would be easier just to replace the pan than repair it.

Why don't you just get an oil pan from JNZ and swap it on? I got a cleaned/painted 6 bolt oil pan from JNZ for ~60 bucks.

This is a new oil pan. The leak isn't from the oil pan it is from some cracked, stripped threads. I've tried repairing it about 10 times so I'm done with it. If one of you guys want to check it out I'll pay. Sorry not trying to hijack op.

ive yet to run into a project i hated doing on the DSM. some were difficult, others time consuming, but none have i hated. after working on mustangs, dsm's are the easiest cars to mod. unless something goes wrong (ie broken turbo bolt can ruin your day, run out of 12 or 14mm heads, not enough PB Blaster, etc)

A "Complete" Stainless Steel screw and bolt set would be nice!!!

Selling all new bolts for items. Like when doing a tranny swap. Offering all new bolts. Or the t-case, to offer all new bolts for that.

Also on the suspension. Offering a quick install kit. If I was to buy springs and struts, I wouldnt want to disassemble my stock suspension to get the bushings and all that out. So 4 new top hats, dust shields, bump stops, and the 2 black rubber pieces and 4 nuts. That would make life so much easier.

full bushing replacement kit . either prothane or energy suspension. Cause the 2g suspension is mush

personally, i hate timing belt jobs and wheel bearings. Not hub style, the press in kind. Those <b>SUCK</b>

great idea with the "specials" though! vary vary awesome

you know you can get an old electrical fryer, put oil in it and cook it at 180-200 degrees and cook the wheel bearing for about 5 minutes or when oil starts boiling, pull it out when its still hot and it will just slide over where it belongs. use a wire that way you dont burn yourself.

heating the wheel bearing makes it expand, and by the time it cools down to regular size, its pressed in.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

you know you can get an old electrical fryer, put oil in it and cook it at 180-200 degrees and cook the wheel bearing for about 5 minutes or when oil starts boiling, pull it out when its still hot and it will just slide over where it belongs. use a wire that way you dont burn yourself.

heating the wheel bearing makes it expand, and by the time it cools down to regular size, its pressed in.

We use an oxyacetylene torch for cam gears at work. You have to be very careful to heat it evenly and slowly (not to mention keep it within a decent temperature.)

We also wrap the camshaft end in dry ice. Yes, the gears are a major PAIN in the ass to put on.

Thanks to everyone for contributing in this thread. I think I have some good ideas of what type of packages to work up. If you all come up with anything else feel free to post it. I will be checking back on this thread periodically.

I am really considering a clutch package. You are one of a few that have mentioned it now. I might do it for EVO's also. We get a decent amount of people who come in with roasted EVO clutches. And some only have a few thousand miles on them :(

Evo clutch package would be nice. How's freehold with working on modded evos? Also, I know there used to be a dealership that gave a 5-10% discount for members of 2gnt (or was it tuners, I can't remember now) at least until the guy working at that dealership left, but it would definetly bring in a lot of DSMers business IMO, especially if you guys shipped parts. Although with the huge variation in dealer prices a discount could still be more than some other dealerships.

Evo clutch package would be nice. How's freehold with working on modded evos? Also, I know there used to be a dealership that gave a 5-10% discount for members of 2gnt (or was it tuners, I can't remember now) at least until the guy working at that dealership left, but it would definetly bring in a lot of DSMers business IMO, especially if you guys shipped parts. Although with the huge variation in dealer prices a discount could still be more than some other dealerships.

Hey Corey, we work on modded EVO's fairly regularly. Just keep in mind, if you need a warranty repair it may be tough. Mitsu corp is very strict with performing warranty work on cars that have been modified. Most of customers understand this and are fine with it.

As for the clutch package, I'm definitely going to put one together. I will do one for DSM's and EVO's. When I have some more info I'll pass it on to you :dsm:

If you need a discount on OEM parts just give me a call and I will set you up with my parts manager, tell him you are a member here, and he'll take care of you :thumb:

I will def be needing a clutch package for my 2g awd. I believe I have a glazed disk ask after one launch the engagement point moves and then goes back to normal after a few minutes. Everything else is new so that is next. I also don't think this tired act2600 is going to hold the power of the 3065 :)

I will def be needing a clutch package for my 2g awd. I believe I have a glazed disk ask after one launch the engagement point moves and then goes back to normal after a few minutes. Everything else is new so that is next. I also don't think this tired act2600 is going to hold the power of the 3065 :)

Hey Diamon Star, I'm very jelous of your 3065 :D Hopefully in the next year I will be stepping up to something big too. I'm thinking along the lines of a 6152sp. Eventually I would like a Forced Performance product or maybe even full garrett.

So, are you in Missouri? Most of the packages I'll be making up will be including labor. Although, if you want to take the trip to NJ to have a clutch done I'd be more then happy to help :)

Hey Diamon Star, I'm very jelous of your 3065 :D Hopefully in the next year I will be stepping up to something big too. I'm thinking along the lines of a 6152sp. Eventually I would like a Forced Performance product or maybe even full garrett.

So, are you in Missouri? Most of the packages I'll be making up will be including labor. Although, if you want to take the trip to NJ to have a clutch done I'd be more then happy to help :)

To far of a drive LOL. Clutch would probably go out between here and there.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back