The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

What job do you hate to do on your DSM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My91TalonTSi

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 5, 2004
Freehold, New_Jersey
Hello everyone, I am a new vendor here at Tuners and am looking for some feedback from you, the members.

Just so you all know a little bit about me, I am a longtime DSM enthusiast. I have had my 91 Talon for almost 10 years and owned a 1997 GS-T for 5 years. I love the cars and the blood, sweat, and tears that go into them. There is nothing better to me than driving my car after some new mods and feeling the difference when you go WOT.

Anyway, on to the purpose of the thread. I am trying to come up with service packages I can offer to local DSM'ers at discounted prices. Are there any specific jobs that you guys hate doing because they are a pain in the rear or just long and tedious?

I was considering a timing belt special, maybe front end work(tie rods, hub bearings, shocks, etc), valve stem seals or basic head rebuilds, etc, etc.

What do you all recommend?

:dsm:

I hate master cylinders, with all my heart.

I also hate any transmission work.

personally, i hate timing belt jobs and wheel bearings. Not hub style, the press in kind. Those <b>SUCK</b>

great idea with the "specials" though! vary vary awesome

I hate anything that has to do with brake fluids or tranny fluids. I can't stand the smell of that shit!!!! LOL

Anthony

I hate anything that has to do with brake fluids or tranny fluids. I can't stand the smell of that shit!!!! LOL

Anthony

Good idea. Maybe a brake fluid flush special that includes new brake lines? I know my passenger side line started to deteriorate and I ended up replacing it along with the caliper.

putting in a steering rack

+1

I'd say Tranny is a big one, like Clutch Install. Fuel Pump installs is a bi*** if you don't have a lift and you don't wanna cut shit.Intake manifold install can be a bi*** if you need to do something with it. Camshaft install.

Clutch kits including clutch, flywheel, ss clutch line, trans fluids, loctite, cotter pins for the tie rod ends and axles. Maybe a larger package too that includes new flywheel/ clutch bolts and new slave cylinder and fluid for the clutch system flush. Ooh and solid shifter bushings too if wanted.

Brake kits including pads, rotors, ss braided lines, and new fluid.

Maybe a general tune up kit. Plugs, wires, oil and filter, pcv, fuel filter, etc

Along with timing components you could also include the acc. belts if wanted. Or also include adjustable cam gears too.

You could do cams paired with new valve springs and retainers combo and valve seals, and needed gaskets.

Heres a good one. External oil cooler kits, including the filter housing with gaskets, and the external cooler with choice of ss braided lines and fittings or pushlock lines and fittings, -8 IMO prefferably.

Aluminum radiator with fans, new rad hoses, thermostat, and rad cap combo. Maybe include fluid too?

I don't like tranny/clutch jobsm and I find timing belt changes unnecessarily annoying. Come to think of it, I don't know why I don't like to do them, I just don't. Well, then again, I hate doing anything that doesn't make my car faster. :p

Perhaps you could just offer all labour at discounted prices for members of DSMtuners.com.

I dislike re-setting my door glass every so many months.

My worst nightmare is my oil pan, but that is because it always leaks and has some stripped threads. I see your in Jersey do you do repairs on oil pan leaks? This isn't your typical leak either, this one is bad. Welding, renting the lift/garage maybe. Other than that I think a detailed annual inspection type thing for performance oriented cars would be nice. Since preventative maintenance is so important on these cars. Such as checking all belts, alignment, timing, cel's, hoses, leaks, sensors, ignition and so on.

1g PITA

Awd transmssion changes
a/c belt replacement
anything with the turbo/manifold (normally hot when you have to work on it)
swaybar change
steering rack
changing fuel pumps with that damn fitting thats ungodly tight
putting in a front mount

Clutch kits including clutch, flywheel, ss clutch line, trans fluids, loctite, cotter pins for the tie rod ends and axles. Maybe a larger package too that includes new flywheel/ clutch bolts and new slave cylinder and fluid for the clutch system flush. Ooh and solid shifter bushings too if wanted.

Brake kits including pads, rotors, ss braided lines, and new fluid.

Maybe a general tune up kit. Plugs, wires, oil and filter, pcv, fuel filter, etc

Along with timing components you could also include the acc. belts if wanted. Or also include adjustable cam gears too.

You could do cams paired with new valve springs and retainers combo and valve seals, and needed gaskets.

Heres a good one. External oil cooler kits, including the filter housing with gaskets, and the external cooler with choice of ss braided lines and fittings or pushlock lines and fittings, -8 IMO prefferably.

Aluminum radiator with fans, new rad hoses, thermostat, and rad cap combo. Maybe include fluid too?

These are some very good ideas. I think I might work up some brake packages, t-belt packages, and tune up stuff.

As far as the t-belt package goes, I know when I do mine I generally do other items too. I generally change the t-belt, accessory belts, water pump, and when I did it last time I did the crank and cam seals and tensioner too. Do you think this would be too much? Or just stick with the t-belt and acc. belts?

The brake packages I like too. My personal preference for brakes is OEM pads, inexpensive after market rotors, and OEM lines. What do you guys use on your cars? How much better is the pedal pressure with SS lines versus OEM? Recently, when I replaced the front brake lines and calipers, the improvement in pedal feel and braking was night and day.

Thanks for your input project_tsi :thumb:

My worst nightmare is my oil pan, but that is because it always leaks and has some stripped threads. I see your in Jersey do you do repairs on oil pan leaks? This isn't your typical leak either, this one is bad. Welding, renting the lift/garage maybe. Other than that I think a detailed annual inspection type thing for performance oriented cars would be nice. Since preventative maintenance is so important on these cars. Such as checking all belts, alignment, timing, cel's, hoses, leaks, sensors, ignition and so on.

Unfortunately I don't have a welder. What exactly needs to be welded by the way?

+1

I'd say Tranny is a big one, like Clutch Install. Fuel Pump installs is a bi*** if you don't have a lift and you don't wanna cut shit.Intake manifold install can be a bi*** if you need to do something with it. Camshaft install.

I am really considering a clutch package. You are one of a few that have mentioned it now. I might do it for EVO's also. We get a decent amount of people who come in with roasted EVO clutches. And some only have a few thousand miles on them :(

Well, then again, I hate doing anything that doesn't make my car faster. :p
Amen to that brother. Lately, on my car, all I have been doing is fixing things and working out bugs instead of installing go fast parts :cry: :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hate to do anything with timing, but I am in the process of putting in new fuel injectors in my 420a and I must say its starting to get really anoying to get to those two bolts without removing much, but I already got my valvecover off, which is helping a little!

I actually don't need anything welded but it is a popular necessity. Is that a no on fixing my oil pan? I've been looking for someone to do it.

Is it crushed? You don't have a transfer case to remove so whats so hard about dropping the pan? Roll the car up some ramps, drop your down pipe and your there. It would be easier just to replace the pan than repair it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back