The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

What jets to use on a 1g w/ 150 thou?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSIAWDTalon

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 21, 2002
Greensburg, Kentucky
Putting a NOS setup my boss bought for his truck. He decided he wants carbon fiber bottles and a direct port set up, so I get his blue bottle and wet set up for next to nothing. I have a 93 Talon TSI AWD, with the wastegate shut, K&N filtercharger, gutted airbox, test pipe. 2.5 Flowmaster with dual tip. At WOT I see about 15 to 18 lbs of boost, depending on outside temp. I was wondering what you guys would suggest, I have 50, 75, 90, & 100 hp jets for the kit. I was thinking about starting low and working my way up, but my boss seems to think 100 will do fine. Car runs great, doesnt burn any oil, clutch seems to grab fine. I can launch at 6500 and spin all four about four feet. In second it just snaps your neck, and points the nose to the sky. Any advice would be appreciated. I will be finishing the install in the morning, and the local track has a test-n-tune on Tuesday night, so I will be able to post results. THANX :cool:

Don't go above a 50 shot, and even that I would be wary about. Make sure your timing is set to stock (5 degrees BTDC at idle). For reference, 50 shot jets are a .042 nitrous, .038 fuel. Good luck.

Regards,

Make sure that your car is in a good state of repair BEFORE using the nitrous kit. If you are burning oil, running too rich, have blow-by, etc... you will hurt the motor. You will be towing your car home after by using nitrous oxide on a high mileage car that is not in a good state of repair. That said, you can run nitrous oxide on your car if the above concerns are addressed without hurting your motor (if your fuel pump is up to the task.) I (only my opinion) reccommend running the 50 shot as a maximum. (I agree with NosLaser on that point.) As a precaution, I would reccommend running 1-2 degrees retard on the timing for safety the first few times you use the system, to further protect your motor from detonation and see how the motor reacts to the nitrous. Afterwards if all goes well return the timing to stock. Do not advance the timing above stock while using nitrous, it will cause harm to the motor. This is based on my experiences and is my opinion, I hope all goes well... Joe

ps- Do not under any circumstances engage the system below 2500 RPMs this WILL hurt the motor. Also a wet system is capable of letting the car exceed the rev limiter. To prevent both of these problems I reccommend an MSD RPM activated window switch, use the rpm pills to set the engagement between 2500RPMs (min) and rev-limit (or just below.)

Originally posted by NosLaser
Don't go above a 50 shot, and even that I would be wary about. Make sure your timing is set to stock (5 degrees BTDC at idle). For reference, 50 shot jets are a .042 nitrous, .038 fuel. Good luck.

Regards,

yikes, i thought a 50 shot was in the range of 32-26 nitrous 22-24 fuel??

hmm. perhaps different psi on the fuel sides make up for this. dunno

For an NOS wet kit, it's a 38 fuel, 42 nitrous.

Regards,

for your original question, my motor is @ 146,000, i have a small 16G at 18-19psi daily, 20psi with a 55 shot at the track (race gas).

get a datalogger before you do anything else!

marshall

i just added a NOS single fogger to my 91 talon. it was made just for a dsm turbo. the jets it came with was for a 50 shot and they were 37 nitrous and 22 fuel,, but it ran very rich. after reading the chart that they sent with the kit, the 22 fuel jet was for 20 psi fuel pressure. i was holding aprox 55-60 psi @ WOT. the chart for that was a 20 fuel jet. now it runs sweeeeeeeetOMG

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back